How to contact airbnb directly -- by phone or email

Bud7
Level 2
Gold River, CA

How to contact airbnb directly -- by phone or email

Does anyone know how to contact airbnb via phone or email?  We are in a continuous loop back to the Help Center -- and would really like to talk to someone "live" -- is that possible with airbnb?  We are new hosts, and our rates are being misinterpreted by airbnb, so our potential guests are being quoted incorrect totals.  For example, we must charge a 10% County Tax, and that is not being included in the rates quoted by airbnb.  They also seem to take our basic nightly rate and then make calculations that don't match what we would normally charge.  This is really getting complicated and confusing.  Can anyone tell us how to get in touch with a customer service rep for airbnb?  Thank you.

Betsy & Bud Phillips

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Send Message']

17 Replies 17
Ali40
Level 10
Crozet, VA

Here are 3 possible ways to contact Airbnb:

1. Airbnb Community Experts
2. Twitter Direct Message @Airbnbhelp
3. Calling Airbnb

1. Contacting Airbnb's Community Experts

The easiest and quickest way to get answers to any issues is through contacting Airbnb's Community Experts. If they cannot answer your question, they have the ability to re-route you to Airbnb

Step 1: Visit https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us

Step 2: From the bottom of the screen, choose either "My question is about something else" or "I have a different issue"

Step 3: Follow the prompts to figure out what best describes your issues. Some things you choose will take you to specific information whereas others you can fill in the text box and submit your question.

When you submit a question, you can expect an answer back from a Community Expert within five minutes but usually less. If the Community Expert cannot help you, they can re-route your issue to Airbnb who will then contact you. Airbnb Community Experts do not have access to your account information so if it is a question that can only be answered with account information, they will re-route you automatically. Airbnb Community Experts are available 24/7 and again, usually you will have an answer from them quickly

2. Contacting Airbnb Via Twitter

I find the second best and easiest way to contact Airbnb regarding any issues I may be having is by using Twitter. Airbnb seems to have dedicated staff who monitor their Twitter feeds and I usually hear back from them within 24 hours. But I've never had an urgent situation.

Step 1: Log into Twitter

Step 2: Search for @Airbnbhelp and choose "Follow" them

Step 3: Send a Direct Message (DM) explaining your issue and wait for their response. They may ask for information such as your listing but always provide it over DM so it is not public.

3. Calling Airbnb's Customer Experience Line

***Please note that these phone numbers and any numbers below are meant for URGENT MATTERS so it is best to use the above two methods first***

Here are the phone numbers for Airbnb. If the area where you are hosting is not listed, check out the two ways below this list in order to find their number for your area.

United States and Canada +1-415-800-5959
+1-855-424-7262 (toll-free)

"Visit https://www.airbnb.ca/help/contact_us " is exactly how it takes you into the lopps without actually providing any help. What's interesting is that the "service" fee non-refundable. 

I am a new host and have no idea how to pass on my bank account details to air b and b to facilitate direct payments to me for a confirmed booking to enable me block such a booking or open dialogue with the guest prior arrival.

Our rates are also being misinterprettted to mean room rates for our spacious apartments where we charge 

1) per ensuite room with kitchen and spacious lounge

2) studio room with spacious lounge and kitchen

3) Family apartment or shared apartment comprising one ensuite bedroom and one twin bedroom to accommodate a total of 4. At best our charges should be calculated per person/bed with a reduced fee for additional persons up to the maximum allowable in our rooms all with free wi fi.

We seem to be getting a flat rate that may not cover our tax 

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Kiliana0,

It seems you need some better understanding on how to setup your listings and get all values set to accommodate, what you have to offer.

Here are a few good places to start:

Community Help Guides (In here, you will also find, how to get in touch with Airbnb)

Airbnb help: https://www.airbnb.nl/host-assist

Airbnb help: https://www.airbnb.nl/help

Success!

Many thanks. Will try and follow the links. Am indeed  very keen and new host having to learn a lot of things including the payout methods. More so I am in Zimbabwe and I opted for Payoneer pay out for my first hosting which I am still to figure out how to access or if I can do online payments and if when my Payoneer card arrives next month , I will be able to use it locally in shops that display the mastercard logo.

Finally my first guests  of a family of 4 that I hosted was great and I was most happy to host them at my lodges. They were very good communicators who will help me to improve on the grey ares that they highlighted on a questionnare that I gave them. I sincerely appreciate them.

What's left is to see how I will receive and spend my money as I learn the ropes.

Kind regards

I finaly understood that sending AIRBNB customers to get lost in various loops is the best way to solve any issue. I have all the proofs that AIRBNB did cash my money for two different longterm reservations, then that AIRBNB did cancel them, telling the hosts I did not pay, and of course my money is now in AIRBNB bank account, for the hosts never received it though AIRBNB did cash them. Blatantly, these are lies and forgery , so I did try to contact AIRBNB Community Experts by mail and phone, many times, and each time I have been fooled again in your much organized loops, by phone particularly when I've been made waiting for 45 mn to talk to a "supervisor", then I have been brutally disconnect and sent back again in the loops. Very sly method, but I am a hard head : as the reservations made gave me the phone numbers of my deceived hosts, so I did contact them to gather the evidences. Now, I will sue AirBnB with all these evidences, and my duty as a fellow citizen is also to whistleblow about such disgusting methods, telling by any mean to the largest audiences - travellers and hosts - that they must not trust AirBnB. And, of course, by showing the evidences.

Alison708
Level 2
Golberdon, United Kingdom

Pierre do you have an actual address for Airbnb directors. I am planning to sue them for fraud but I need an address to send the writ too. Thank you 

Hi all. I joined last year. When I did I set the site for 7 days min and pre-authorisation. Despite this a client was allowed to double book. I had to cancel on the site. Which to date still carries her indignant review comment. I immediately tried to source alternative accomodation for her family and continued to do so until sorted. The only review I have is her negative one and the system won't allow me to remove it. Yet threatens to remove my property for lack of bookings. Difficult to find a human to talk to. Cheers Rob

Cor3
Level 10
Langerak, South Holland, Netherlands

Hi @Robert1433,

The review is not a comment left by your previous guest. But it is an automated posting by Airbnb, as some sort of a punishment to you. Because you cancelled a confirmed booking.

And because of this automated posting, most likely other possible guests, will skip your accommodation for booking (as it is the only review on your profile).

Hosts cancelling confirmed bookings, is one of the worst nightmares to guests (No matter what the reason is. Or what you did to solve the situation).

As far as I can read, you did not really prevent your listing from being booked. While you already had a booking (from another site – or something).
You should have blocked the dates in your calendar. All the other stuff, will not avoid you to get a booking-request!

Most likely, this was a beginner-fault. But nevertheless, you are now stuck with this situation.

Unless you are in a very high demand area. This will most likely block your listing from being booked ever.

Maybe the best solution for you would be, to open a complete new account with a new listing (and to get rid of the existing account and listing). I must add: This is certainly against the rules of Airbnb!!!!

But maybe, when you give Airbnb a call. They might be willing to help you, to get rid of this review. Because you made a beginner-mistake. In the end, when you get bookings, they will earn money.

Success!

Kathy544
Level 2
Olinda, Australia

This platform is so user unfriendly when it comes to muliple rooms and a channel manager HELP. Any decent contacts seem to always get soemone who gives different or incomplete info. Do they do a case manager system?

Erna27
Level 1
South Africa

Betsy and Bud Phillips, we have the same problem! I send countless emails to Airbnb with my complaints with no reaction. At the moment they send guests to us and we receive more than half of our base price. It isn't even enough to clean the apartment and the laundry. I had 4 guests staying for one night and imagine the amount of linen and cleaning! They left the apartment messy.

Adam160
Level 2
Budapest, Hungary

hi

i cannot add my experience because robots and scripts scan the name of my initinary and maybe they see the "and" in my initinaries Name and state i must host an initinary always at the same place.place name is called X recording and mastering studio cityname.

i am for 20 minutes in the phone loop, noone reacts, airbnb went too big to be customer friendly, especially i helped many years to reach their throne in the world where they are niw, but listen, you could afford to employ or pay more phone support, because that is the last human touch where you hear the voice of a customer service agent, who represents airbnb. it is a big issue if i will get no agent on the line in the next 40 minutes because i have other duties.

I'm new too and have had exactly the same problem. I need to cancel my first listing (my original abnb) which is no longer appropriate and cant seem to get out of a loop!

Alison708
Level 2
Golberdon, United Kingdom

Does anyone have the actual USA address/ or U.K. address of Airbnb directors. I am trying to sue them for fraud but I need an address