How to contact another host w/o creating an inquiry

Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

How to contact another host w/o creating an inquiry

A million apologies if this is a stupid question or (worse!) if it has already been addressed. 

Q: Is there a way to contact another host without going through the farce of choosing dates/creating an inquiry? Is there a way to simply send a plain old message (with no dates attached). 

I have a guest coming this week who booked several months ago. I just noticed that his two most recent reviews from August are not good but they are thin on details. I'd like to contact the previous hosts but I feel strange selecting dates and then having to explain in the message that I don't actually want to book them especially because there will be a language difference. 

Thanks!

5 Replies 5
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Emily487  No you have to send an inquiry. I do it all the time and have had great responses from other hosts. I have also warned a host or two about a conversation on this forum that effects them and get a thank you. So I don't think they will mind, I know I don't and I have had a few contact me. 

@Letti0 Thank you so much for your answer. I will go ahead and send an inquiry and see what the other hosts say about my future guest. I live around the corner but I think this will have to be one of the few times that I do an in person "meet and greet" just to make sure they know who's boss!

How do you send an inquiry to another host if you can't find the apt he is hosting? I have a guest that has inquiry has a few okay past reviews but when I click on the host profile theres no way to contact him or see his property to make an inquiry.

@Mia146   Go to the review you are looking at for this guest. Click on the host's name under the host's profile photo next to that review. The host's profile will come up, scroll down to see their listings, then click on one of them (if there are several) to have their listing come up. Then go to the booking box, scroll down to the bottom where it says Contact Host. At least this is how I can do it in Google Chrome on my laptop.

If nothing comes up when you click on the host's name under their photo next to the review of their guest, that would mean that host is no longer active on the site.

Why don't you ask the guest directly? I had this happened a couple times after reading a bad review from other hosts, I just ask the guest if they can tell me their stories. If I feel comfortable enough, I will then accept the booking.