How to delete/deactivate an incompleted listing

Answered!
Tim3
Level 1
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

How to delete/deactivate an incompleted listing

How do you delete an incomplete or draft listing?

Thanks

1 Best Answer
Babak14
Level 3
Bloomington, IN

I haven't been able to delete an unfinished listing on the Airbnb website. But I was able to do so through the iPhone app. Long hold on the listing title to get a pop up menu that shows "deactivate permanently".

View Best Answer in original post

24 Replies 24

@Britanny0  Do you think that it is really they are lazy and fin not want to do it? Definitely they are intentionally to leave those listings. 

The more listings you have, the harder you manage your listing and the more mistakes you will make. The more you will rely on them till you give up.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Britanny0 

You cannot delete a half finished listing, add a couple of photo's and publish the listing, then you can delete it.

Maha64
Level 1
Guelph, Canada

It’s very easy to deactivate your unfinished listing.

go to the right of your listing, there is three dots ... click on them and choose deactivate 

please let me know if it worked for you 

I dont see 3 dots if it is not published yet

Rolf123
Level 1
Haarlem, Netherlands

Same issue here. This definitely is intentional by AirBnB (and also kind of a dark pattern imho).

I was just trying out what would be needed if I was to place a listing. Now I'm stuck with an unfinished listing, which I cannot remove. The only way to do that seems to complete the listing and then remove it again. This is something I don't want to do because I don't want AirBnB to have my data at this point. I'm quite convinced they will keep the data, even if I delete the listing.

Bad UX 😞 

Babak14
Level 3
Bloomington, IN

I haven't been able to delete an unfinished listing on the Airbnb website. But I was able to do so through the iPhone app. Long hold on the listing title to get a pop up menu that shows "deactivate permanently".

This worked!  Thank you!

Awesome!! This worked...  Use the phone app on the iphone...

OMG YOU ARE THE GOAT BEEN TRYING TO THAT FOR AT LEAST A YEAR. LOL

This worked!! and it was easy to complete. Thank You!!