How to find a particular listing

Answered!
Marilyn26
Level 5
Asheville, NC

How to find a particular listing

A number of people have told me they can't find my listing when they want to book with me.  I told them about using the filters, looking for the headline and the lead photo, and usually they still had trouble.  An Airbnb help desk person told me that all hosts have a listing number (I now know what mine is), and that typing www.airbnb.com/rooms/yourlistingnumber will take potential guests straight to your listing.  I'm suggesting that an easier way would be to have a "key word" feature behind the search button that, along with the name of the city, could use the first few words of the listing headline to find a specific listing quickly and easily.  If anyone else thinks this is a good idea, please let the Feedback people know.

thanks, Marilyn G

1 Best Answer

Hi Marilyn!

Actually, you can create a Custom Link (Under Listing Details) on Airbnb. We use this and some hosts use the custom link for their social medial accounts (facebook, Instagram, etc). Airbnb Help Article and screen shot below:

How Do I Make a Custom Link for My Listing

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2575#section-heading-0-0

Custom Link.png

View Best Answer in original post

50 Replies 50
Nigel78
Level 2
Regina, Canada

I agree. I know the names of a couple of apartments I have stayed at, but am having difficulty getting them to pop out in a search. If I know the listing description in airbnb, I should be able to search it out by that name

Veronica491
Level 1
Porto Alegre, Brazil

It is very difficult, I would love to have a price range as a filter, but no...I can find the place I want on my laptop but it doesn't appear on the app...why!!??

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Marilyn26 this is the method to find listings and it works perfectly. 

I had business cards made with my front thumbnail photo and the listing numbers and folks can take the card and always find me>>>>> or take a pic and find me, seems to work for repeat guests everytime.

Seems many hosts don't know where this number is located: on the listing photo page upper right corner : share will give a drop down and copy link is a good option.

Also, if you have named your property it will often come up on Google searches.  good luck and happy hosting, Clara

Ashley541
Level 1
Winston, NM

I'm trying to find a cabin we stayed at last year (we didn't book the stay, a friend did so it's not in the history). All I have is a screenshot of the listing, I know the name of the host and property etc. but cannot find it.......wish we could look up properties by host names.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Marilyn26

If it is possible for you, i am agree with @Clara116. Your listing number is :  https://fr.airbnb.com/users/show/47351622 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Alexandra712
Level 2
California, United States

I agree! It is totally ridiculous in this day and age of search engines that you can't put the name of the house, the city and country and still NOT have it come up! For both my listing and when I am seraching for specific houses, it comes up as "No Results Found". Not cool AirBnB!

Laura2671
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I agree. A friend sent me a screenshot of the listing of place she stayed in Paris. I want to stay there. Cant find it! If Air bnb requires specific names for each listing, why cant they provide a way to search for those listings by name???!!!!

Nigel104
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yep, I’m looking for an apartment in a particular Las Vegas hotel but have to trawl through hundreds of other listings. I gave up eventually and went to the home away website where it quickly filtered the results I wanted.

Julie1657
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I had the same problem on the website, it's not user friendly.  But when I enter the words: airbnb, followed by title of the listing into google, it takes me right there!

Eli144
Level 2
Cusco, Peru

I agree with all of the above comments. The Air B and B site is not easy to navigate and surely you should be able to put in a specific listing search and find the property.

Danielle746
Level 1
New York, NY

does anyone from the company even look at this forum

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Danielle746 no 🙂 But maybe the hosts here can help you if you have any questions. 

Caio41
Level 1
Kelowna, Canada

Hello I have a listing number 1390588 where do I type in to find the description and details of the property listed?

thanks

From your browser, not the app, type

airbnb.com/rooms/1390588

Bam, you're there.

Doesn't work...