How to find a particular listing

Answered!
Marilyn26
Level 5
Asheville, NC

How to find a particular listing

A number of people have told me they can't find my listing when they want to book with me.  I told them about using the filters, looking for the headline and the lead photo, and usually they still had trouble.  An Airbnb help desk person told me that all hosts have a listing number (I now know what mine is), and that typing www.airbnb.com/rooms/yourlistingnumber will take potential guests straight to your listing.  I'm suggesting that an easier way would be to have a "key word" feature behind the search button that, along with the name of the city, could use the first few words of the listing headline to find a specific listing quickly and easily.  If anyone else thinks this is a good idea, please let the Feedback people know.

thanks, Marilyn G

1 Best Answer

Hi Marilyn!

Actually, you can create a Custom Link (Under Listing Details) on Airbnb. We use this and some hosts use the custom link for their social medial accounts (facebook, Instagram, etc). Airbnb Help Article and screen shot below:

How Do I Make a Custom Link for My Listing

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2575#section-heading-0-0

Custom Link.png

View Best Answer in original post

50 Replies 50

This does NOT WORK

Giri3
Level 2
Chennai, IN

Yes.  As a  guest, I  would be happy if bnb can include  this feature.  BnB  site needs improvements at so  many levels.

Kevin122
Level 2
Denver, CO

If you know the listing number use this phrase in your browser:

airbnb.com/rooms/listing number

My problem is that you cannot type this out in the app during a conversation because it will be redacted because it thinks I am trying to send a phone number.

How ironic that airbnb redacts their own website!

Barb2956
Level 2
The Blue Mountains, Canada

Screenshot_20230630-121436.png

Lorraine307
Level 1
Russell, NZ

Very annoying! As you say airbnb need to fix this!

Patty300
Level 1
Atlanta, GA

Has anyone figured out how to search for a property by listing number?

@Patty300 Try google it usually works

Atabeira0
Level 1
Kissimmee, FL

Agreed! I'm a guest and would like to search for a listing that a friend used but I can't search for it by name. It's making it impossible for me to find it. Very annoying!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Atabeira0 

Please provide listingnumber or if not available, town and name of host or any other information you have.

I will try to find it for you.

I can't believe that 4 years after this serious issue was raised, Airbnb have done nothing to rectify the problem, and don't appear to have even acknowledged that there is a problem. They set up a "community" forum to make us feel as though we are part of one big family, then never bother to look at what the members of the family are saying. Like sending the kids off to boarding school then moving house while they are away. Really caring. I would like to be pleasantly surprised by someone from Airbnb actually commenting on this conversation and explaining to us why they are unable to provide the simple facility to search by property reference, but I'm not holding my breath. And it really is a simple addition to the functionality of the website,  I spent the last 17 years of my IT career as a web developer so I know that adding a search by unique identifier is a piece of cake. If the use enters a search term that is entirely made up of numbers, assume it may be a unique property reference and search your database for it. As a rule, I don't like shouting online, but sometimes there is no alternative. So LISTEN UP AIRBNB, THIS ISSUE IS LOSING YOU CUSTOM AND LOSING THE GOOD WILL OF YOUR CLIENTS, IT IS COSTING YOU MONEY! So Airbnb, explain (if you can) why you think it is a bad idea, otherwise fix it!

@Steve-and-Anja0  I think Airbnb makes this search impossible by design. They want guests to have to scroll through pages of listings in the hopes something else catches their eye that's more expensive ( thus higher service fees for them) or bookmarks something else to book at some future date.

Vincent1066
Level 2
Antigua and Barbuda

Hello, my former guests are having the same problem. How can we get a response from airbnb to improve this area.

THIS WHOLE SITE FOR AIRBNB SUCKS!!!!!!!!

Darli-and-Randy0
Level 2
Clear Lake, WA

Where did you find your listing number?

Go to your Airbnb app

Click on your property

Scroll down to “Custom Link”
Think there is one there already but you can change it to whatever you want.