How to find cancelled stay amounts?

Answered!
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

How to find cancelled stay amounts?

Hello All,

As has been discussed many times here, when a booking is cancelled, Airbnb changes the payout information to 0 on most of the screens on its site.  Best advice I’ve seen up until now is to go back through email booking notifications to get the cancelled payout info.

I just found a screen on Airbnb where the payout info is still displayed.

Dashboard->Reservations->Cancelled tab->Messages button->Details in the top right corner

On this screen, it will say 0 for the payout at the top, but if you scroll down, you’ll see the details of what the payout would have been.

The same screen is displayed under Inbox->(choose a guest)->Details, or any other Messages->Details screen.

Hope this helps you to locate and show proof of what you have lost due to Airbnb’s COVID19-related actions.

Pat

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Pat271 @Danielle476 @Mike-And-Jane0  @Susan17 

yes Danielle, they always used to be there...here is one of my notices from February just before Airbnb started to take this issue seriously!

Cancellation refund 3.png

I tried @Pat271 's way and all I get now is zero the big 0, it must have been progressive they are patching up potential payout tracing holes as they go!

It is more than likely that if ever those Superhost 'grant' invites happen to show up, the host will not be able to put a figure on the lost income because, it has all been deleted, no record of it.....therefore they will not be able to satisfy the requirements of the claim.....claim rejected.

That's nice and neat, isn't it

Another part of the jigsaw puzzle I found interesting. I had a rash of cancellations on the 13th March, I understand that the WHO declared Covid-19 a pandemic on the 11th March but, it just struck me as a touch odd as to what would get guests in a block, some of whom had booked last year wait until specifically March 13 to hit the cancellation button? 

cancelled reservation 5.png

No doubt about it, never a dull moment, we are kept wondering and guessing!

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

15 Replies 15
Danielle476
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Hi Pat,

I wish this worked for me!  When I scroll down to the details (where the breakdown would normally be per night, fees, etc.) it just shows $0.  😞 I'm trying to figure out a way to find the original payout amount but it seems as though AirBNB has been purposely concealing this information.  Disappointing but unsurprising.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Pat271 

Thanks for this - works for 50% of my cancellations so far. Bit odd but there you go.

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Mike-And-Jane0, @Danielle476 

After looking at this some more and trying out a few other versions, I have realized that the payouts are only displayed in the Airbnb app on iPad.  I get what Danielle gets on my phone and in a browser.

Also, I have realized that the amounts in the payout section are incorrect.  They are much less than the payouts listed in the reservation confirmation emails I received at the time of booking.

Better to rely on the emails, I think. 

@Pat271

IIt's all about the smoke and mirrors with Airbnb. Ooops.. I mean, "glitches" 😏

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Susan17  I try to keep an open, fair mind, but I find that Airbnb’s wiping out of all payout details from all screens when a booking has been cancelled to be unconscionable, and I can’t help but think it is done intentionally.  Even if I’m wrong and it is just an unintended “glitch”, it should be a company priority to fix.  Hosts have a right to be able to easily look up the details, especially the monetary details, of a transaction, whether it has been cancelled or not.

This was no accident. Every cancellation e-mail prior to April 1st had all of the information contained within. Now it’s not only missing from

said  e-mails, but the cancellation page as well.  Incredibly underhanded, in my opinion.  

@Danielle476  Maybe it is different in Canada, but I have never received a cancellation email with payout information included.  I checked cancellation emails all the way back to January 2019.

Weird. All of my e-mails from early March and onward said either ‘you were refunded X as per your policy, and the guest was refunded X’ or ‘your guest was fully refunded for an amount of X’. 

After April 1, they just say’ Your guest was fully refunded due to COVID, hosts are entitled to our relief fund, etc’. How am I supposed to know what I’m entitled to without any record of what the original payout was?  They’re deliberately withholding information in the hopes that they can get away with not paying us anything, because what proof do we have now if we never kept the booking confirmation?  It’s ridiculous. 

@Danielle476  Yes, removing the amount hosts would have gotten had to have been intentional.  I can’t rationalize it any other way.

I don’t understand legally how Airbnb can just remove transactions like that.  Imagine if you made a bank deposit and withdrew the same amount weeks later, and the bank wiped out the amount of both transactions on your statement!

Disappearing are the days when you can cancel a hotel reservation before

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Pat271 @Danielle476 @Mike-And-Jane0  @Susan17 

yes Danielle, they always used to be there...here is one of my notices from February just before Airbnb started to take this issue seriously!

Cancellation refund 3.png

I tried @Pat271 's way and all I get now is zero the big 0, it must have been progressive they are patching up potential payout tracing holes as they go!

It is more than likely that if ever those Superhost 'grant' invites happen to show up, the host will not be able to put a figure on the lost income because, it has all been deleted, no record of it.....therefore they will not be able to satisfy the requirements of the claim.....claim rejected.

That's nice and neat, isn't it

Another part of the jigsaw puzzle I found interesting. I had a rash of cancellations on the 13th March, I understand that the WHO declared Covid-19 a pandemic on the 11th March but, it just struck me as a touch odd as to what would get guests in a block, some of whom had booked last year wait until specifically March 13 to hit the cancellation button? 

cancelled reservation 5.png

No doubt about it, never a dull moment, we are kept wondering and guessing!

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4  The the amount listed in your first screenshot is the guest’s refund, not the host’s payout.  I don’t think that will help hosts prove what they are owed, as the Airbnb host and guest fees are significantly different.

@Robin4 I have to love a good conspiracy theory but your emails will always give a true record of lost revenues and these cannot be deleted from your server/the cloud so I wouldn't worry too much about lack of proof of losses. Its just slightly more painful but you can get all the figures you need.

Except when the bookings were made months ago and you’ve long since deleted the emails.