How to host in Turkey?

Tayfun2
Level 2
New York, NY

How to host in Turkey?

Hi everyone!

I'm from Istanbul and I want to become a host in Turkey with a duplex apartment. I will be downstairs and my guest will have access to the entire place upstairs. 

I heard that the Turkish government changed some regulations regarding renting/letting a place. 

How do I figure this out?

- Do I need a permit to start hosting?

- Do I have to sign a contract with my hosts?

- Do I have to pay taxes to the Turkish government? If so how do I do this?

- Do I have to take ID/Passport copies of my guests and report this to the police?

I would appreciate any help. 

Best,

Tayfun

3 Replies 3
Idrees1
Level 1
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Did you manage to get any responses or find out the rules & regs as I am letting out my villa in Southern Turkey and want to make sure everything is in order for hosting purposes

Ayse85
Level 2
İstanbul, Turkey

Hello Tayfun,

ı had the same questions and am still trying to figure things out.

apparently hosting on airbnb is different than renting your place. Since shorter stays bring in more income, the income you make is considered as "ticari" like a hotel - rather than a simple "rent" income.

For this we need to be able to bill (who? Airbnb?) and declare KDV (VAT) and stoppage taxes.

Emilie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Ayse85

This page outlines some information about how to host in Turkey. I don't know that it'll answer all your questions, but I hope it somewhat helps!

Emilie

-----

Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center/ Please follow the Community Guidelines