How to increase your bookings and income

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

How to increase your bookings and income

I just thought I would pass on some advice to increase bookings.

I had a knock at the door the other day, with a total stranger asking If I did BnB. Apparently I had come up on google search and he had come round to enquire if I had a room for that night.

It transpires that a small business across the road was a Yatch Survey Co whom entertained overseas clients.  He was one of the directors from Greece and normally stayed at Premier Inn, the fact that I was only 40 metres away was perfect for him.

The next morning he took a wad of my business cards, telling me that it was perfect location and he had been so well looked after that he was going to recommend me to all his clients.

So you never know what is out there. Get some business cards printed  and have a wonder around. There will be a lot of business who may not know about you and would be really grateful to give their clients a homely BnB experience.

Happy days everyone

12 Replies 12
Lisa1480
Level 4
Ottawa, IL

Business cards are a great idea!  I discovered AirBnb because my company outsourced labor in my department and that is how she worked - traveling around the country.  I've had multiple staff from this company stay for 3 month intervals and I'm sure lots of other companies do the same and entertain out of town guests for whatever reasons.  I'm going to look into this further, rather than wait for them to find me!

Teresa670
Level 2
Tulsa, OK

I love that, thank you for the tip!

Donna211
Level 2
Lynnville, TN

As a new host, i’ve Had  signs like realtors have with Airbnb, logo and number made up. When I talk to most people they have never heard of Airbnb. We need to continue networking and advertising. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You are right @Chris232 everyone should have business cards and be contacting their local businesses to see if they need accommodation for their staff.

Mary-and-William0
Level 2
Powder Springs, GA

I am new to AIRBNB and love the idea of having business cards and reaching out to the community to spread the news that we are here .Thank you for sharing the tip.

Linda-And-Richard0
Level 10
San Antonio, TX

We had business cards and brochures printed for our listing.  The card has a photo of the house and information to contact us via the Airbnb site.  A stack of each are on the entry table of the proeprty for guests to share with family and friends.  It's a very inexpensive way to market your listing. 

JB6
Level 4
Johnson City, TX

Business cards and flyers are a great way to promote your AirBnB.  We work with several businesses in the area to swap cards - we have a place to post their information in our cabin, and they post ours.  We also belong to the local Chamber of Commerce, which runs the Visitors Center, and they post our information as well.  Finally, particularly if you are in the country, mark your B&B on Google Maps.  It is free, makes it easy to give directions, and we've actually had folks come to us that way.  

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

Great idea. I think I will have some printed up and also maybe a few flyers to put up on tourists boards. 

Maria2527
Level 4
Athens, Greece

Cards are very useful indeed. I am also planning on printing some.

Nice idea to promote your  place.

Beth90
Level 2
Sag Harbor, NY

I think Airbnb should provide business cards as an option for us , possibly to buy or possibly as a free perc for super hosts. A standardized design with the Abnb logo on it and then add the name of our listing. 

Michael34
Level 2
Westenschouwen, Netherlands

Hi @Beth0, Moo do great Airbnb cards and they have three versions on their USA website. Although I found them there I got the cards printed in the UK (where I live) and it was as easy as can be! 

https://www.moo.com/us/for/airbnbopen.html

Michael34
Level 2
Westenschouwen, Netherlands

Hi @Beth0, Moo do great Airbnb cards and they have three versions on their USA website. Although I found them there I got the cards printed in the UK (where I live) and it was as easy as can be! 

https://www.moo.com/us/for/airbnbopen.html