How to leave a review when guest refuses resolution case

Amber45
Level 2
Dunedin, New Zealand

How to leave a review when guest refuses resolution case

I need help writing a review that is respectful to my guest but lets other hosts know of the pitfalls? The guest was high maintenance in regards to multiple requests for reservation changes to guest numbers and info on where to dine, sights to see etc. she communicated well until i realised she had paid for 9 guests and 11 were staying. I explained this issue (calling it a miscommunication) and she refused to pay stating she had paid for 11. Airbnb weighed in explaining to her also (they tell me) and i eventually submitted a resolution which the guests ignored. Luckily for us Airbnb came to the party and reimbursed us but advised we review truthfully but carefully in accordance with policy guidelines. How do we do this with diplomacy? I fear our good reputation is in tatters after this and i am not expecting a good review despite trying to hold out the olive branch by offering no cleaning fees in return for her accepting our request to pay for the people who used our home. Please help!

1 Reply 1
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Amber45 Those who want to get away with something never review well, especially when they don’t get their way. 

All you can do is write your review succinctly. The thumbs down is the most important part & your guest won’t see it. If your guest’s review seems punitive in any way bc of the claim then it is possible that CS will remove the review.