How to leave private feedback on host and review after 14 day expiry

How to leave private feedback on host and review after 14 day expiry

I was unable to leave a Review on my host within the 14 day period given by airbnb because I was preoccupied with my studies. The host left very negative and biased review and feedback on my profile which isn't true.

Hence, I would like to leave a private feedback informing her that she was so fickle minded and kept overcharging me against airbnb standards.

At first, she agreed that I will just move the dates from what we agreed and that she agred that she won't charge me for it. Then a few days after, she said that she wanted to charge. How ridiculous is that? and she has the guts to say that I left 20 messages?! Those 20 messages were the messages we exchanged... because she was not true to her word.

Also, when I arrived at her place, I apologized personally and explained my situation why I was not able to inform her of my arrival time yet she left me a negative review! very rude host! and yet she was "superhost"???!

It was also her fault because she never set a check-in time in her air bnb profile.

Moreover, her room's lock did not function well. just imagine what if someone can just go inside, rape me or steal my belongings?!

I wanted to leave a private feedback to inform her because my host, Fiona from Cambridge is very biased, unethical and rude.

Please advise me on how to leave a private feedback on her air bnb profile and a review after the 14 day expiry.

3 Replies 3
Jack90
Level 6
Queensland, AU

I don't believe that it is possible to leave a review after the 14 night period has expired. The purpose of this is to prevent people from writing reviews based on the other host/guests review. It's pretty much for this exact situation, as reviews should be entirely honest and genuine, not motivated by what the other person wrote about you.

If you had a bad experience with the host or guest, you should have written it in your review itself after your stay. It does seem your actions are mainly motivated by what the host said about yourself. You certainly can leave private feedback.

As for the review the host left for you, if it is a flat out lie, you can dispute it with Airbnb. Though, this rarely is successful as you have to prove that the person who left your review was obviously lying and not telling the truth. I don't know all the details of your stay but Fiona's review does not seem to fit that criteria. 

Best of luck!

Andrew1918
Level 1
Kuching, MY

This my review on my recent trip to Perth which I intend to submit at the website.

I am not aware of there is a dateline.  From the time I arrived home a lots of happening on lock down at our end plus others matters for me to get settle down which resulted on my late submission.

Appreciate if AIRBNB  kind assistance and understanding to post to my review below at the host website.

Thank AIRBNB very much for your kind understanding of my circumstances here back home.

This is my Review :

Van, thank you very much for your kind understanding, your marvelous hospitality and also you have been a super-duper host too. We were supposed a group of 6 adults, sadly my son’s visa was not granted.

We stayed here for 6 nights. Just back from this beautiful homestay about two week ago due to unforeseen circumstance occurred around this globe and back home here I was not able to write much earlier.

We were so glad we found this house to stay at. This house is a great place which is something to tell and shared about! A beautiful house and a wonderful accommodation to stay. Very comfortable and welcoming. We were very, very happy to stay in this big, spacious, nicely decorated and homely 3-bedroom double storey house with gated.

I would describe this house just in five words or 5 Ps – pristine, precise, price, peaceful and perfect. First of all, this house is pristine like a new house just as you move in. Secondly, it does look as precise as shown in website photos. Thirdly, the price was reasonable with having facilities such as washing machine, microwave, oven, electric kettle, toaster, huge fridge freezers with water dispenser and huge kitchen area **bleep** with coffee & tea. All amenities stated were provided. The two huge bathroom and all equipped with heater. Two spacious rooms are larger with heritage furniture and it’s so nice atmosphere being here. All the rooms have walk-in closets. The house has centralized air-conditioning & heater. The dining table and living room big enough for all 6 or can accommodate for more people. There a patio with seating good for six people with a view. The house has a big garage too. Fourthly, it is located at a very peaceful housing community.

Fifthly, The house is in perfect or at strategic location from all the touristy highlights. Even the train station – Meltham Station is 3 minutes’ walk; it would be more convenient if you drive. Driving is a must in Australia, and it is very easy to navigate with “WAZE”.

Driving it takes13 minutes from Perth Airport T1 Car Rental Carpark, 8 minutes Galleria Shopping Centre (Coles, Woolworths and Aldi as supermarkets for groceries. Target, Kmart, Myer and hundreds of other shops there), 10 minutes Coventry Village (MCQ selling all kinds of oriental food, 24/7 supermarket Spudshed, Chemist Warehouse – Pharmacy & health care related products relatively cheaper than others similar outlets, there are Foods Outlets with all kinds of oriental & western food), 12 minutes Watertown Brand Outlet Centre, 16 minutes Westfield Carousel (experience the ticketless parking system), 10 minutes DFO Perth (next Costco Wholesale Perth Airport), 15 minutes Kings Park and Botanic Garden, 15 minutes Elizabeth Quay, 15 minutes Caversham Wildlife Park (Meet Wombat & Friends), 15 minutes Tra Vinh Vietnamese Restaurant at 149 Brisbane Street, Northbridge, 35 minutes Fremantle Market just to name a few. Must try Non Halal food “Porkies BAR-B-QUE” which is 3 minutes’ walk, across the road which is also opposite the train station.

The host Van is an amazingly very polite, welcoming, friendly, awesome nice genuine person, helpful and provided fast response to our needs. She provided us with welcome fruits and drinks. She also cooks nice and tasty food for us for supper. She communicates perfect in English. Also, she had provided lots of travel information and had suggested must-go places in Perth to us as mentioned above.

This house is a highly recommended! Overall, it was an experience we will never forget. An unforgettable stay and we would definitely love to stay this place again if we are back in Perth next time.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Andrew1918  It's pointless for you to post this here. This is just a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb itself. 

Too bad you missed the deadline for leaving a review (you would have been sent notification prompts of how long you had to leave one, but I understand that you were pre-occupied)- there is no way Airbnb will post a review after the 14 days are over- they don't make exceptions to that.

I 'm sure the host would have loved to have your glowing, detailed review on her profile. However, you could copy and paste it into a message to the host, apologizing for missing the deadline, and if she has her own website, she might be able to use it there. In any case, I'm sure reading it will make her very happy.