How to link my Instagram page to my airbnb listing?

Answered!
Delphine16
Level 2
Manchester, United Kingdom

How to link my Instagram page to my airbnb listing?

Hello, 

I have an Instagram page and I would like to link it to my listing. How can I do it?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Delph

1 Best Answer
Allison50
Level 4
Seattle, WA

I have an Instagram account for my AirBnB.  My Instagram name is BeaconHillRetreatSeattle.  My AirBnB Page title is Beacon Hill Retreat, Seattle, near Light Rail.  I went to my AirBnB listing and clicked the up icon next to the heart icon and chose "copy link" then went to my Instagram account to Edit Profile and copied the AirBnB link in the field called "Website".  Also my Instagram profile picture matches the home page of my AirBnB listing.  Don't know if it's doing me any good, but there you go.

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/923/how-can-i-share-or-embed-my-listing-on-other-websites

How can I share or embed my listing on other websites?

If you're a host, you can share your listing through different social media platforms or embed a preview of your listing on your website to reach people beyond those searching on Airbnb.

Share your listing on social media

To share your listing on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, or Twitter:

1. Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com
  2. Click the name of the listing you want to share
  3. On your listing's page, under Save to Wishlist click ... More.
  4. Select the social media platform you want to use and follow the steps to share
Embed a preview of your listing

If you have your own website, you can embed a preview of your listing:

1. Go to Manage Listings on airbnb.com, then click Account at the top of the page
  2. Click Badges
  3. Click the listing you'd like to embed, then click Copy HTML to save the HTML to your clipboard
  4. Paste the HTML code into your website where you’d like your listing preview to appear.
Jac11
Level 2
Laugharne, United Kingdom

Where is save to wishlist?
Ian323
Level 2
Ludgershall, United Kingdom

Is it possible to embed a URL in my listing under any circumstance? And if I can't embed a URL as a hyperlink am I allowed at least to point prospective guests to an-unhyperlinked bitly URL?

My reasons for asking are as follows.I understand the limitations for Instagram. We are relatively new to Aribnb (4/18) with a barn conversion that our guests really like, as we hope they would, and of which we are very proud. On Facebook the Barn has its own group page covering the two years that my wife and I spent converting the totally derelict ruin (and living in a mobile home where hosting was a definite no-no!). We would like to share our extraordinary experience, recorded in visual terms, with those who like the thought of staying in our barn but can't find the dates they want.

Any thoughts?

Hi Ian! I have some Ideas as I work in digital marketing! Send me an email at *sensitive information hidden* Let's chat! 🙂 

Bests! 

Lucy362
Level 3
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi Guys, 

Instead of having a hyperlink (url) to your instagram page (which i'm seeing airbnb doesn't allow), you can just write your instagram username in your description like this: **  that way, people will know what to search for! 

Also, if you have an instagram page for your airbnb (or are thinking of making one), I run a New Zealand business called Travel Influencers, we help airbnb hosts get more exposure (online followers and bookings) by connecting you with social media Influencers that stay at your place and document their experience then share it to their huge online audience. It's completely free for airbnb hosts too 🙂 

**[Sensitive information removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Happy airbnb'ing! 

-Lucy

Hi Lucy, that email address has bounced back unfortunately.

Airbnb messenger doesn't even allow the word "Instagram"

Allison50
Level 4
Seattle, WA

I have an Instagram account for my AirBnB.  My Instagram name is BeaconHillRetreatSeattle.  My AirBnB Page title is Beacon Hill Retreat, Seattle, near Light Rail.  I went to my AirBnB listing and clicked the up icon next to the heart icon and chose "copy link" then went to my Instagram account to Edit Profile and copied the AirBnB link in the field called "Website".  Also my Instagram profile picture matches the home page of my AirBnB listing.  Don't know if it's doing me any good, but there you go.

Shirley43
Level 2
Fittleworth, United Kingdom

Thank you! Been trying to work out how to do this for ages!!

I do this too and it works technically ** - not doing me a whole lot of good yet in marketing terms but time will tell.

You can tell how many clicks your airbnb website is getting from your instagram: In instagram, click on 'insights' and then select 'activity' and then under 'profile visits' you get to see 'website clicks'. This shows how many people clicked on your airbnb listing via instagram.

I have also included my instagram on my airbnb listing in the description as **

**[Personal details removed in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

@Farida27 

I just linked to my Airbnb listing on my Instagram (for the listing), and it would be interesting to see if anyone actually goes to my Airbnb via my Instagram.

Tried to follow your instructions (“in Instagram, klick insights-activity-profile visits”). But did not get far - cannot find “insights”...😂 Feel very stupid and old - can you enlughten me, please?

@Trude0 

Hi, if you look at the bottom row of icons where there’s Home, a magnifying glass, a heart etc you will see a little circle with your profile pic. Click on the photo. Then on the top right hand side of the page next to your name, you will see 3 horizontal lines. Click on them and you should see a list of options including ‘insights’.

hope this helps!

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

That’s where I was, but ”Insights” is not one of my options. I have Settings, Archive, Your Activity... but not Insights.  Maybe Instagram looks different in different countries, or depending on whether you log on via iPhone, pc etc - I know Airbnb does. Thanks anyway!

Trude0
Level 10
Stockholm County, Sweden

Got help from my 17-year old, more tech smart, daughter:  Had to turn my Instagram into a professional account, to get Insights. 

Hi  @Allison50   

I also have been trying to get my "custom link" Airbnb let me choose- onto my Instagram page for my rental. Unsuccessfully. I see your link on yours says,  abnb.me- not Airbnb- ( but i see when i clicked it did go to your listing) When I put my custom link onto my Instagram...it did not link to my Airbnb listing.  How come yours says Abnb.me? I have even messaged the support team here and they just show you this forum. Any help or tips you could share? This all seems so very mysterious!