How to opt out of the IDIOTIC Airbnb new cleaning requirement????????????

Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

How to opt out of the IDIOTIC Airbnb new cleaning requirement????????????

5th time I'm posting this and all my previous posts have been deleted.

Isn't there just ONE honest host?

Why is everybody LYING about cleaning their properties for 20 to 50 hours between guests?

I wanted to READ this idiotic policy, Airbnb thanked me for AGREEING.

HOW do I opt out?

I will NOT lie to my guests and somebody needs to take this GIANT AIRBNB FRAUD to the media!

37 Replies 37
Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

Taking a screenshot of this post WITH my own reply to be able to PROOF the Airbnb CENSORSHIP.

So, just don't delete.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Christine455 The protocol is stupid and unworkable. The 5 step process, whilst over the top, is possible to do.

Christine455
Level 7
Meadview, AZ

@Mike-And-Jane0  I actually don't know the difference.  

I see stuff about Lysol and disinfenctants which I never have and never will use.  MY health is important.

This is MY policy and it actually works:

Covid-19: Instead of cleaning and sanitizing "every surface in the house" and charging you an outrageous cleaning fee, I leave the house VACANT for at least three days between bookings."

It's really too bad that there are no regulators to stop this giant sanitation fraud.

@Christine455 I am confused as you appear to have signed up to the cleaning protocol. Seems a bit odd if you refuse to implement it.

@Mike-And-Jane0, from my original post:

"I wanted to READ this idiotic policy, Airbnb thanked me for AGREEING.

HOW do I opt out?"

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Christine455  See this article for all the details on the new 5 step protocol. 

https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/2809/what-is-airbnbs-5step-enhanced-cleaning-process?

Belinda55
Level 10
Bundeena, Australia

Many hosts are objecting strongly to this coercion by Airbnb, for a variety of reasons. I hope that many won’t sign up and Airbnb will have to rethink their policy.  But I wonder how many may have @Christine455 ‘s experience and signed up inadvertently? And then be held to it? Christine, you will need to ask Airbnb support about opting out. Will be interested to see what they say ...

@Christine455 @Colleen253 

@Mike-And-Jane0 @Belinda55 be aware that @Brian  CEO is now aware of these issues.

He does show an interest in ABB CC

It would be for the betterment of all if The Coronavirus Act was Quashed just like other Acts that reared there heads that Dominic Cummings & Neil Ferguson, Wales/ Imperial College have been involved in in the past.

The long standing readily accepted Public Health Acts which already covers all these things including Infectious Diseases and Disinfecting properties is suffice.

Interestingly I've just been reading the history abt Emergency Bills Public Health/ Infectious diseases and steps taken to remove them in our trusty  New Zealand National library 📚...

they are now doing the rounds awaiting to surface...

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Belinda55 

I did not sign up to the protocol yet, so i can not see where that "amenity" finally is set.

But i assume it will be in the safety section of the listing ?

Maybe somebody who signed up already can have a look where the "agreed to cleaning protocol" option is residing ?

It seem unlikely to sign up inadvertently, as you have to follow this page:

Emiel1_0-1603668114181.png

@Emiel1 

I cannot find anything with an opt-out button let alone anything even referencing the cleaning protocol in my settings. It appears once your in, your in - at least at the moment. Maybe someone else can find something?

@Emiel1 Exactly, I clicked on "get started" to see what I'd have to agree too.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Emiel1 @Emilia42 @Christine455  I signed up for the 5-step process because it wasn't very different from what we were doing already.  Here's where you see it on my listing (second line):

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 10.25.13 PM.png

When you click "learn more," you get this:

Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 10.30.29 PM.png

When you click "Learn more about the 5-step process," you're brought to this page:  https://www.airbnb.com/d/enhancedclean

I was concerned about the "approved  products," because this is all they have to say about that on the Enhanced Clean page:

Approved disinfectants

Hosts should use disinfectants that are approved by local regulatory agencies to attack bacteria, germs, and viruses.

I checked the CDC because I assume they are a local regulatory agency in the US.  The CDC has something called List N (https://www.epa.gov/pesticide-registration/list-n-advanced-search-page-disinfectants-coronavirus-cov...).  There are some pretty common products on the list - Scrubbing Bubbles, Fantastik, Clorox.

I definitely did not agree to the earlier protocol, but I agreed to this because I thought it was quite manageable. 

@Ann72, I have NO idea how you find this "manageable."

I've never been able to advertise that my cleaners get a living wage because I only make about $10 to $15 an hour with my $75 cleaning fee.

Last time I cleaned out all kitchen cabinets I hired a helper and it took about 10 hours.   And we didn't sanitize anything, just cleaned.

How do you do it?

@Christine455, maybe you are wrong or your home is incredibly special because taking 10 hours in two to clean the kitchen cabinets is too much. Sanitizing is not very complicated, it means spraying a surface with a certain product and sometimes passing over it with a cleaned piece of paper. In any case, you can increase the cleaning cost