How to put out a discount for 3 days?

Answered!
Elenise1
Level 2
Miami, FL

How to put out a discount for 3 days?

Hi, I’m Elenise and love to host/sharing my place.

I recently got a inquire for 7 days and in the communication process I got a booking confirmation for 1 day in the middle. My question is how I make a discount for 3 days together in between the booked days. If I go 1 by 1 I’ll probably get individual days booked and I am interest to book them 3 to the same guest. 

I appreciate any help as I’m new in this community !! 

1 Best Answer
Leonard1126
Level 2
Tirana, Albania

I understand that you've reached out as you wanted to set a discount for bookings of 2 nights or more and I know how important this is for you. I'm glad that you've reached out as I am here to assist you with this matter.

You can set this through your listing settings under discount for other stays. You may follow these steps:

1. Log in to your account
2. Click Switch to Hosting (Upper right side of your screen)
3. Click Menu (Center of your screen)
4. Click Listing
5. Under Pricing and availability, Click Discount
6. Under Discount, Go to Add a discount for other stays
7. Click Edit
8. Set number of nights and discount
9. Click Save

There you can set how many nights and how much discount you are going to give.

If your wish to learn more about Set and customize nightly pricing, you may refer to this link:

airbnb.com/help/article/474

Please let me know if you have any more questions.

Best Regards,

View Best Answer in original post

9 Replies 9
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Elenise1,

You can set a percentage discount for a specified number of nights by creating a rule set and then applying the rule to the desired range of dates.

To create this rule go to your calendar and click on the first date of the 3 days. In the box that appears on the right scroll down and click on the "Rule sets" box and select "Add rule-set". Then click on "Customise" for "Length of stay discounts" in the "Pricing" section. Then click on the "Add a custom discount" box and select "3 nights". Then click on the "3-night discount" and enter the percentage discount.

If you want to apply this discount to another 3 night range you can save this rule set by clicking on the "Save to reuse with other dates and listings" box at the bottom of the page and naming the rule.

Now click on "Save".

This will give a discount for a 3 night stay starting on that date but guests will still be able to book only 1 or 2 nights. If you also want to require a 3 night minimum for the date then edit the rule to select 3 nights minimum by clicking on "Customise" in the "Availability" section.

Steve.

I understand that you've reached out as you wanted to set a discount for bookings of 2 nights or more and I know how important this is for you. I'm glad that you've reached out as I am here to assist you with this matter.

You can set this through your listing settings under discount for other stays. You may follow these steps:

4. Click Listing
7. Click Edit
9. Click Save

If your wish to learn more about Set and customize nightly pricing, you may refer to this link:

Best Regards,

Elenise1
Level 2
Miami, FL

Hello @ Steve, 

I appreciate your help and followed it step by step. Seams that because I have just one listing it not aloud me to do on this way. I am feeling little frustrated as the just options I get is for a week or month with pre-selected discounts. I could place a day by day lower price, yet you must know the probability to get 3 different people for those 3 days. Thank you so much for your response. 

Elenise

Hello @Elenise1,

I also have one listing and I can set rules like that and can set a m inimum night's stay for any date.

Perhaps you should contact Airbnb support.

Type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Just talked with airbnb and there is a way to set up pricing for specific number of days. It's pretty easy. It's as follows: 

-open airbnb / click on your profile pic in the top right / from the scroll down menu choose ‘account’ / then ‘professional hosting tools’ / click on ‘manage’ / a screen will open which at the top says ‘you’re using professional hosting tools’

-then open ‘pricing’ as normal / open ‘length of stay discount’ – you can now set discounts for specific numbers of days, starting from 2 days.

@Edward470 thank you, you're a star. I've been tearing my hair out for days.

Thank you so much

Hello and thanks for your help.
I am not a professional. Does it affect something else this change?
Why there is not for individual host too this choice?

Leonard1126
Level 2
Tirana, Albania

4. Click Listing
7. Click Edit
9. Click Save

Best Regards,