How to receive 5 STAR check-in rating EVERY TIME

Alexander349
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

How to receive 5 STAR check-in rating EVERY TIME

So i host an apartment in a large residential downtown city, what i learned is it's sometimes very difficult to "automate" the check-in process if you own multiple apartments. After numerous tries and several 4-star and 3-star check-in reviews i've found the perfect system that has resulted in all 5-star check-in reviews.

At first i was using the self-checkin process through the app where guests would follow pictures/insturctions to find the lockbox to retreive keys. However, what i learned is that some guests are just not technologically advcanced enough to navigate the app and locate the self-checkin.

So, if you have an iPhone or a smart-phone that has the capability of screen-recording just screen record yourself going through the self-checkin process. Then the morning your guest is checkin in send them the video to their cell phone number, that way they don't have to navigate through the app to find where the self-checkin option is and they will have the video in their texts saved. 

I started doing this 3 weeks ago and it brought my check-in rating from 4.3 stars back up to a 4.8 stars! Highly suggest hosts start doing this, especially if you host in a big downtown city where you hide lockboxes in weird places.

1 Reply 1

@Alexander349

That is a good tip....thanks....visual is often easier than a set of written instructions, with unfamiliar things to look out for. I used an Airbnb last year with auto check-in and had no idea where the check-in details were to be found on the App, and I wouldnt say I am a disaster with techy things !!