How to receive notifications when I Co-Host for several Properties?

Joey28
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

How to receive notifications when I Co-Host for several Properties?

Hi, I have an Airbnb that I've been managing successfully for quite some time. I have been approahced by 2 local and seperate families who would like me to Co-host. They want me to do all the guest management for their accounts.

How will I receive guest inquiries and booking requests on all 3 properties? If I am a Co Host on their property (I am not adding listings to my profile) I feel like I would have to log in to all three accounts occassionally and see if anyone has sent a request. This would lower response rates which is exactly why they hired me. I answer potential guests very quickly because I get notified on my phone. 

Is there a way to get notification for all these properties without logging in and out of the app under different user names? 

Thanks!

7 Replies 7
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Joey28,

Each owner must log in to their account and add you as a co-host for their property.

They can set the amount you get paid, be it a fixed fee for each reservation or a percentage of the reservation amount.

You'll then receive an inviataion email and you should click on the link in it to accept the invitation.

When this is done you'll receive notifications under your own account.

Any activity regarding the listings you co-host is separate from your listing and profile and will not affect your ratings.

Reviews left by guests for the co-hosted listings will appear on those listings' pages and the profile page of the owner.

Likewise, any reviews you leave for a guest who stayed in a co-hosted listing will appear on the owner's profile and on that listing's pages.

Steve.

Unfortunalty co-hosts DO NOT receive notifications or enquiries - even if they are the Primary host. We have been going backwards and sideways - but not forwards - with AirBNB. I'm the Listing admin, and the co-host is the Primary Host, but she receives no notifications that there have been any bookings or enquiries until I forward the TXT messages to her. What AirBNB tells you happens is not what happens in reality.

I am a co host and I get all notifications. 

Peter, this is happening to me too.  I am the primary host, and I receive no notifications.  I have gone to ABB several times about this issue with no resolution. The listing admin wants to be less involved and as the primary host, I'm expected to handle all booking inquiries/messages, but I don't receive any notification (email, push or text) that there is even an outstanding message. 

@Ashley281, this may be a stupid question but in your account settings are you signed up to receive the messages? and are they going to the correct phone #? I am a host and co host and I receive text and email for both accounts. 

Hi Emilia,

Yes, all notifications are turned "on," and about 8 Airbnb reps have checked and re-checked and confirmed everything is as it should be.  Still no explanation as to why I'm not receiving notifications.  I've used IE, Chrome, iPhone and Android devices to no avail.

Today I reached out again, and the rep said I needed to be the primary host to receive the notifications -- so we sent him a screen shot from the listing admin's page showing I am listed as the primary host, and he confirmed he saw the same thing on his end (though he just kept saying I am the co-host and the admin has limited my access).  So his "solution" was to have the listing admin remove me as the primary host, and then re-add me as a co-host.  The rep then manually made me the primary host again.  That was his solution -- to remove me as the primary host and then add me again as the primary host.  I asked him what he changed, what settings we needed to look for, any access controls we needed to review, etc., and he just said it is "fixed" now that he re-added me as primary host.  So over the course of about 3 hours, I was exactly where I started -- listed as the primary host on the same listing 🙂

I've had many open support messages about this issue, and each rep has had wildly different justifications or "solutions," but it is still not resolved.  I don't have this issue on the traveling side -- on my traveling profile, I receive all notifications as intended.  It's just unique to the hosting side.

I am a co-host and I used to receive notifications late as Nov 3 but nothing now.  The primary host and I have no idea as to why.  This is frustrating to hear that this seems to be a common problem for co-hosts and hosts alike.