How to remove a block on my canlendar done by airbnb after that i canceled a reservation of a guest?

How to remove a block on my canlendar done by airbnb after that i canceled a reservation of a guest?

I canceled a reservation of a guest due to some private reason . airbnb blocked these dates ( 28 days ) on which i can not rent my aparment anymore . How can I release this block  ?

5 Replies 5
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Shahar6 You cannot remove those block dates because you did the cancellation. Always update your calender regularly so that such things doesnt happen again and if you took a reservation always respect avoid cancellations. Good luck!!!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Shahar6

Hi Shahar, I am sorry for you that you are in this position but you have had three previous host cancellations so you should know what happens by now!

In case you don't here is what happens if you cancel a guest reservation.....

Host cancellation penalties.png

So Shahar, the short answer is you don't get to remove the block on those dates, and with basically a quarter of your reviews being host cancellations I would be disappointed with Airbnb if they gave you any lattitude here.

Shahar, as a host you have certain responsibilities and it is up to you to know and understand the consequences of what you do. If this was a 'one-off' and you were a totally new host I would have a bit more sympathy but you have been hosting for 10 months and you have now jumped in and cancelled a fourth reservation! I am sorry you just have to suffer the consequences!

Cheers.....Rob

Sally201
Level 1
Peterborough, Canada

Hi fellow hosts.  I did cancel a reservation, after only several hours.  I a new to hosting, and basically and optomist, so when I read that the guest inquiring had a really negative review (like the guests had urinated in several areas of that host property), I asked him to explain.  He said that someone had posted that negative review in spite.  so I approved the reservation with a slightly agreed upon higher security deposit fee.  Then within a couple of hours I started to rethink my decision.  Some things did not add up such as why this person had not put out a public explanation "his version' of the negative review.  Another thing that did not add up was he was a member since 2015 and had reviews only from 2017.   So I decided that I was uncomfortable enough with the reservation to cancel it.  No money had changed hands - only 2 hours time span.  This is my only cancellation after 10 plus postive renters.

My problem:  the dates are blocked on my calendar and it is a prime time New Years 2017.  I don't think it is fair for Airbnb to block the dates on my calendar because it is my first ever cancellation and it was within hours of accepting the reservation.

Is there a way I can plead my case to an Airbnb official?

Sally

@Sally201, you can certainly plead your case to AirBnB, but who knows if they will make a exception?

One question I have about the situation you outlined: you say "No money had changed hands". Doesn't the guest have to pay at the time they make the reservation? I know *you* didn't receive any money yet, but hosts don't receive their money until the day after the guest checks in.

What makes you sure the guest didn't already pay AirBnB?

Also, you say "This is my only cancellation after 10 plus positive renters". Cancelling 1 out of 10 or so reservations sounds like a lot to me. That would mean cancelling 3 or 4 people a year. That's enough for AirBnB to cancel your listing.

I hope you get a positive outcome from this!

And I hope you don't get any more sketchy reservations!

Nada65
Level 1
San Francisco, CA

I am a new host. Airbnb made a reservation without sending me a notice and at the time I accepted a request from a different guest for most of the days.  Though I cancelled the reservation with the guest that Airbnb reserved I still see the dates are blocked by Airbnb. Don't know what to do.