How to shut down a probable party attempt LOL

Answered!
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

How to shut down a probable party attempt LOL

So, we just got a booking for a single Saturday night.

We only do a maximum of 10 adults and two children for a total of 12 on the property. Guy books 10 adults and 1 child. It's that one lone child among 10 adults that has my gut feelings thinking this is a party. Here's the message exchange.

He's probably trying to figure out where to hold his "reunion" now that we shut him down, since from the conversation below I believe I'm pretty sure it's a party he was planning. Looked the guy up and he is in his mid to late 20's. What are your thoughts? Think I'm correct or wrong.

Guest: My cousins reunion after 7 years!!!

Us: Will you be needing a high chair or booster seat ? Where is the reunion being held so that I can leave you precise directions to the guest house, we’ve had issues with guests finding us at night.
Thank you , Letti

Guest: Sure a high chair would be appreciated. We are meeting near the river walk. Do you live near the property? Where do we find the keys?

Us: We will have a high chair available. There are three houses on the six acres and yes we live in one.
River walk is about 25 to 30 minutes away.
We have a keyless entry which we change the code and supply to you two days before your arrival .
Thank you, Letti

Guest: Thank you.

1 Best Answer
Rebecca160
Level 10
Albuquerque, NM

@Letti0  It is definitely for a party.That is what reunions are, in my experience. 

I think in the future, you might want to charge  a security deposit, which you can do through the Airbnb app. Also, you might consider writing up a contract, stating that you have a contract in your listing and then sending a copy of the contract to guests prior to arrival. Let them know that they will have to sign the contract upon arrival. I think this will help eliminate the fun party types. Oh, Airbnb does alloow contracts, if you state that you have one in your listing.

View Best Answer in original post

16 Replies 16

@Kelly149 Exactly! I know what I'm getting with the 11 or 12, but I don't want their other 20+ family members or friends on my property also without permission for a "reunion" or BBQ or whatever. I charge to have parties and they are not in the Guest House, but at the event center on the property fully supervised by staff and with a licensed TABC bartender serving the liquor. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"oh, this isn't a party, we just came from a funeral" -

Ghosts, Zombies and Ghouls still count. The things 'people' try to get away with.