How to use superhost travel coupons

Helen80
Level 2
County Kerry, Ireland

How to use superhost travel coupons

Hi, please help. I am having trouble using my superhost travel coupon, do I need to first pay for the listing with a credit card and then apply my coupon which is valid till mid 2019

10 Replies 10
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Helen80,

Don't pay first. Once a reservation is made a coupon can't be applied to it retrospectively.

When you have a coupon and are just about to confirm the reservation you should see a "Redeem a coupon" link on the page. Click this and enter the code given in the email you received informing you of the coupon.

The article below has more information on this.

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/160/how-do-i-use-a-coupon-code

Steve.

Helen80
Level 2
County Kerry, Ireland

Hi Steve, that's what I have been doing, but I keep on getting the opps message

Oops, we're unable to complete this booking
Please check your payment details.
The only thing missing from payment details is my credit card no
Helen80
Level 2
County Kerry, Ireland

Is there someone in airbnb responsible for these coupons? Is there an irish phone no I can ring to get further info?

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Helen80,

My understanding is that one of the requirements for booking is that a guest has to have registered a payment method, e.g. credit card, with Airbnb.

The article below lists it as a requirement for booking.

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/1170/what-are-the-requirements-to-book-on-airbnb

For the ways to contact Airbnb support type "contact airbnb" in the "Search the community" box on these forum pages where you posted your question. Scroll down a little in the list of suggestions that appears and click on the "Contact Airbnb: A Community Help Guide[UPDATED]" one. That lists phone numbers and ways to contact them via Twitter or Facebook.

Steve.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Helen80   If you entered the coupon code you have to add a payment method also. Also if the trip does not meet the requirements for the coupon it will not be used.  Here's the number to call if you still have issues.

Ireland +353 1 697 1831

Jillie1
Level 10
Harrogate, United Kingdom

Re. coupons, I have a voucher for £78 and was trying to book a room including service fees etc for £69.  Even though the room was less and I realise I'll be losing the difference in the credit coupon, it is still asking £1.99 off my credit card when I'm losing £9 of credit coupon?!  That's question one and question two is, if the host cancels the booking, do I lose the credit coupon?   Jillie

Suzanne285
Level 2
Llandysul, United Kingdom

I have  lost two travel coupons. One was my fault as it did not put the code in but the other- I submitted the code and the host cancelled the booking. How do I now now claim my travel coupon?

Jillie1
Level 10

I think as you didn't cancel the booking yourself,  you should be okay.  Get in touch with AirBnB, explain the situ and I'm sure they will honour your well deserved coupon!  Well done and good luck!

Jillie1
Level 10

Sorry  and 3rd question.....the voucher expires in January but the trip is in March - does the date validity refer to the time of booking or the trip itself?  Jillie

Suzanne285
Level 2
Llandysul, United Kingdom

I booked a stay and used my travel coupon. The host cancelled. I did try to use my travel coupon on another stay but had a message to stay that I had used my coupon. Very frustrating as this is the second travel coupon that I have lost.