How to view past/historic rates for my listing?

Jay15
Level 1
Graton, CA

How to view past/historic rates for my listing?

I want to look at the daily rates that I charged a year ago, but I can only see rates for days that were not booked. Pretty much all of my weekends are booked, so I can't see weekend rates.

I also can't view the rate breakdown for a past, current or future booking- I can only see a per night rate that is an average of the nightly rates plus cleaning fee (plus airbnb fees?) divided by the number of nights- this is not helpful at all. I can only assume that Airbnb does not make this info accessible for a reason that benefits them, just like everything they do.

Thanks!

6 Replies 6
Brittany1
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I have called Airbnb to receive my past prices and I have told them over the phone twice that it would be very helpful for hosts to be able to have all of the pricing data that you mention. The calendar glitches when I try to go back more than six months just to look at occupancy rates, etc. Hopefully they will do something about this.

Belinda30
Level 2
Chicago, IL

I've already asked for assistance on this matter twice. My daily got knocked out when I changed the macro rate - 

It came back for new bookings for a bit -

Then once again disappeared altogether.

I agree this is key data - this is the data I NEED, not want - it is not some kind of luxury to my business.

Paying a nice fee to airbnb for each booking - so do hope airbnb decides to do the right thing here, rather than dumbing us all down permantly behind a thicker data curtain.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

@Jay15 so far decisions made by airbnb have been good to both hosts and guests - that's why we are all airbnb users. 

@Belinda30 airbnb is not  " dumbing us all down permantly behind a thicker data curtain " - it's just that you haven't found the tools you need (may be some tools outside of airbnb)

Well, I am happy you feel that way, that is good.

I do feel that my own decision-making has gone down hill without this useful info at my finger tips.

At the start of the year, I used the data from the year prior in my own private analysis in excel and really felt it help me improve my booking performance. I don't personnally want to have to spend monthly monies on a third party service for my tiny two room presence in a crowded market. Not when I can simply do this in excel, or through referencing the information in the interface.

I mentioned the fact that I lost the data when resetting the macro rate. So of course perhaps this is a technical issue they are struggling with - very possible. But several inquiries and no fix.

Also thanks so much for the public shaming - I just love that about airbnb - no tech support number at hand - pushed to use boards -

Where can I get some of those rose colored shades? Maybe you should run for congress in the US.

Damien133
Level 4
Brighton, United Kingdom

Airbnb support is a complete joke and anyone that thinks otherwise is a fool!

Damien133
Level 4
Brighton, United Kingdom

Also I found some free tools to do this on airbnb-tools.co.uk