How to work out the cleaning fee for long term stays?

Venice2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

How to work out the cleaning fee for long term stays?

Hello All.

I'm new to Airbnb hosting and would like to ask a question about cleaning. Its great being able to read all your comments, tricks and tips and also share in your experiences.

I'm having to clean a two bed house myself as I just cannot find Airbnb cleaners in the area (Essex) to do the job of cleaning for me. I find the job most grueling and it takes away completely from the work day but I'm glad for the experience as when I do finally hand over to a cleaning company I know first hand what's involved.

I have had many short term bookings to date and have applied a one time cleaning fee of £100.00 for a clean after short term guests have left. My question is how would you work out a cleaning fee or fees for long term guests who stay 1 month or more, how often would/should you clean?

Sincerely

Ven [Surname hidden]

Chigwell Self Catering Home Away From Home.

*[Post moved to make new topic, title updated] 

2 Replies 2
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Venice2,

Lovely to meet you and welcome to the Community Center. It's great you are learning so much here. 

Thanks for your post, I thought your question here warranted it's own discussion thread and it also makes it easier for the other topic to flow, so I've moved your post to the Hosting board. 

I hope this is ok with you. 

Does anyone have any tips on what would be a good way to deal with cleaning fees during longer stays? 

Thanks so much,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Venice2
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

No. No problem at all Lizzie. Thank you. 

Ven Smith