How to write a review if the guest paid but never come ?

Kruewan0
Level 2
Chiang Mai, Thailand

How to write a review if the guest paid but never come ?

We had a guest witch paid for 2 days but never come to our villa. We tried to contact him by email and whatsApp a lot of time.............but no answer ( the guest doesn't have any review and has just joint in 2020 AirBnb)

We are receiving message from AirBnb to make a review...but how do we do in this case ?

Thank you for your help.

10 Replies 10
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Kruewan0  You would review him based on your interactions with him as they relate to everything except how he was as a guest in your listing. You can certainly clarify, so other hosts understand and have perspective, that he never checked in.

Fran2
Level 10
Launceston, Australia

“The guest did not arrive”

3 stars for communication, 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Kruewan0 "X was very quiet and left our space as if untouched. We would be delighted to host X again." 😉

Excellent!!! ha ha

Very good answer.

Nice answer

Julie-Ann21
Level 3
New York, NY

I'd continue to try and contact the guest.  So long as there is no indication that the guest has written a review,  I wouldn't write one. Something serious may have happened to them and I'd want to be sure before I write a review.  

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kruewan0 

Hey, a little bit tongue in cheek but, I would just let 'sleeping dogs lie' !

This is literally the ideal guest, the one who books, pays, doesn't turn up and doesn't require a refund!

Gee I would love a few more like that....and I sure as hell wouldn't bother about getting involved in the review process. You don't know what sort of a can of worms you might open by going down that path!

If the dollars are in your account say...'Thank you very much' and move on to the next guest!

Seriously, if you are going to review just say,  "We would love to have had the pleasure of XXXXXX company but unfortunately he was not able to participate in the stay and I can't offer an opinion of him as a guest!"  Don't click any stars and see if the system will accept your review!

Cheers......Rob

Hi Rob

"We would love to have had the pleasure of XXXXXX company but unfortunately he was not able to participate in the stay and I can't offer an opinion of him as a guest!" 

This sentence is good I think.....but we still need to click on stars if not you cannot move on.

Thank you everybody for your help.

Ms Onn

@Kruewan0 No need to review at all - the guest will get a notification from airbnb that you reviewed the guest's stay. It could easily tricker the guest to leave you a less than great review and ask you for a refund. Do you really need that? 

So absolutely no reason to review at all! 🙂 I would never leave a review for a no show guest that didn't respond to my messages.