Huntthroughlotsirrelevantquestions + answersyoufindwherefindoutwhereclick on "review"

Clive1
Level 2
Nanthiat, France

Huntthroughlotsirrelevantquestions + answersyoufindwherefindoutwhereclick on "review"

Where the ikon is - to check my reviews - always a haphazzard fiddle around - programmed by frisco people who just don't care but pass the buck on to "the community" - well done airbnb. Make the money and leave the problem with others. Cool solution - how can I buy into this company and make a fortune from naive hosts who pay 13% for zero service?

30 minutes searching is no problem to find out where the reviews can be found. WE all love to spend our time going back and forward clicking various ikons in the hope that something other than: Please select a board to continue.

can be found.

Please select a board. Where do these frisky wanks get their language from ? A board. Yes, boards are all over the place - the living room. Yes that makes sense. The living room - that sounds like a board I could need. What about the other boards? Travelling? Oh yes, also a great topic, sorry I mean board. Topic is too sophisticated for yankies, let us keep to "board" and don't mention the word "broad" no that also has a hidden meaning in yank land. Clearly no one ever passed a "use of English" test on this committee. No one single broad.

Has any one got an idea where we can place our "listings" (this means adverts) so that we don't have to deal with the useless calendar which the 1850 style San Franciskanikos have decided is sufficient for the rest of the world to use? There just has to be another site which is willing to take 13% of our money for the very very difficult task of "keeping a useless site running" rather than making a site where we can see exactly what we charge, how wants to come, for how long, and what they want to pay. Hey! That would be a site and a half. Sorry, I mean that would be a good site. We could "reach out" to a site like that. I could "reach out" and my guests could "reach out" back to me and we could really get off of on a awesome start, like kinda cool and sorta mega great hey how come I didn't think of that some times like  before?

What?

Yes we love yankspeak - it is modern and we need it like we need the plague.

Clive 

in Germany

12 Replies 12
Clive1
Level 2
Nanthiat, France

I want to talk about....

We don't want to make the users feel like idiots. We want to make em like a kinda like you know sorta bit of you no, in the mall, and checkin out. Lika mega cool. I want to talk about.....

Not: I would like to bring to your attention the FACT THAT, no, that is no yank enough. We should start with "I want to talk about" since most of us cannot write these words ourselves. We is kina dumm and we is not likin big words like in uk and outside the big us of eh? We is like a eqwal an all is same. Awe some. Out off of a big sorta reach in  out.  Yeah am a lika reachin out. yeah. that is cool. real cool. we is reachin out. Yea.

so we don need no help we is ok on us. we is fine.

we no z wha ya meen.

we is yanka styyle. is kina cool and laak a nuu.

is succha fine syte. is cool awsomm. we like it yeah all fine .

but a were is da revieuu pour moi? lika meina reviuuw fom de nu guast det wes jus gon vom my plaezz? we is not a seen de butten. Wo is da butten. ta press 4 de revuu?

ah don see no botten? whrr is da butten?

yall fine whweek an am keepin on trackin. cool dude

me lika yanky boy - me is gonne be yanky later. ya''ll fine?

Hi @Clive1, Yank here.   Exactly what is your question, or did you just need to let off steam?  I'll try to answer your question if I know what it is.  Cheers!

Airbnb have suppressed the long paragraphs which I wrote - thankfully I document all that goes on at this wonky site and since I work for BBC and German TV and so on I am gathering all the screenshots to be able to show viewers just the sort off site that has been thrown together to make money, while providing ZERO service. Yes, ZERO.

My original message which "for some strange reason is not to be seen" (or is that normal?) is:

Where the ikon is - to check my reviews - always a haphazzard fiddle around - programmed by frisco people who just don't care but pass the buck on to "the community" - well done airbnb. Make the money and leave the problem with others. Cool solution - how can I buy into this company and make a fortune from naive hosts who pay 13% for zero service?

30 minutes searching is no problem to find out where the reviews can be found. WE all love to spend our time going back and forward clicking various ikons in the hope that something other than: Please select a board to continue.

can be found.

Please select a board. Where do these frisky wanks get their language from ? A board. Yes, boards are all over the place - the living room. Yes that makes sense. The living room - that sounds like a board I could need. What about the other boards? Travelling? Oh yes, also a great topic, sorry I mean board. Topic is too sophisticated for yankies, let us keep to "board" and don't mention the word "broad" no that also has a hidden meaning in yank land. Clearly no one ever passed a "use of English" test on this committee. No one single broad.

Has any one got an idea where we can place our "listings" (this means adverts) so that we don't have to deal with the useless calendar which the 1850 style San Franciskanikos have decided is sufficient for the rest of the world to use? There just has to be another site which is willing to take 13% of our money for the very very difficult task of "keeping a useless site running" rather than making a site where we can see exactly what we charge, how wants to come, for how long, and what they want to pay. Hey! That would be a site and a half. Sorry, I mean that would be a good site. We could "reach out" to a site like that. I could "reach out" and my guests could "reach out" back to me and we could really get off of on a awesome start, like kinda cool and sorta mega great hey how come I didn't think of that some times like  before?

What?

Yes we love yankspeak - it is modern and we need it like we need the plague.
Clive 
in Germany

So ..................

Clare.........above was my message. (2016 01 13 17:34:14 is the time NOW, but yankies don't know nor need time ANYWHERE eh?)

had to scroll up and then down to find your name. It is not AUTOMATICALLY placed where we can see it . No, that would require some HTML scripting but forget that - too difficult for anyone in USA to understand I know. In Europe we expect far too much and for no reason. We are just sadly overeducated and thus are a problem to others who do fine without education.

I spend thirty minutes searching for something, then give up, and equally then spend 30 minutes giving feedback so that others don't have to go through the same 30 minutes wasted time.

Airbnb send a mail after you make a review - there is no need to search for reviews - since it is SIMPLY NOT THERE!

(That was the answer to my original question {and it should have appeared immediately but HTML??? sorry too difficult for most})

Clare,

Nice of a Canadian to reply to the American problem - I see you don't speak English or can't see my comments but don't waste any time on me - I am finding problems among other problems and each time I go further I see more and more failings in the "site" and at some point I will go back to bed and ask myself I try to fix things made in USA.

Pointless since there is nothing wrong with the site - it is fine. It is clearly written and laid out and uses no strange expressions which are foreign to non-Americans and no one but a fool could complain. I agree. Leave it the way it is!

2016 01 13 17:57:17

Hi @Clive1,

I just wanted to let you know that @Clare0 is actually not Canadian as CA stands for California.  I am not sure what your rant is about but it does seem you do have an issue with Americans which maybe you should keep to yourself as I think you are being somewhat offensive (having a hard time understanding what you are laying down).  If you have an issue with Airbnb, contact them: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

If you would like to provide feedback about this Community Center, visit here: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Getting-Started/Your-feedback-on-the-new-Community-Center/m-p/1711#U...

If you really do not want anything to do with Airbnb, check out this link: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/General-Hosting/Delete-Your-Airbnb-Account-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/15730#...

Happy hosting @Clive1!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Dave-and-Deb0  🙂 !!

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Clare0 @Dave-and-Deb0.......Has anyone got the remotest idea what this guy is on about!!!

@Clive1 This is a forum site! Although it is linked to Airbnb..... it is linked only by association! We have all had experience with Airbnb, either as hosts, or as guests, BUT, we are not Airbnb! If you have a problem we could possibly offer a solution because, collectively, we do have a lot of experience in dealing with Airbnb.

But, I tried to read a lot of what you have written...and for the life of me I can't figure out what your problem is!

Clive, if you would like to make a comment, or ask a solution to some issue you are having, we would love to listen, or offer you some advice....that's why we are here, but please Clive, be coherent, use spaces between individual words and.....give us the chance to help you.

What is your problem?....Cheers.....Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Clive1,

Good to meet you. I just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Lizzie and I am the Online Community Manager for the English speaking community here. As others have mentioned, the Community Center is for community discussion and isn't managed by any of the Airbnb Support Team, however four of your fellow hosts have already kindly offered to help you here.

From what you mention, you are having a few issues finding things like reviews in your dashboard. @Marta0 has included a link above, so hopefully this will help you and you are now able to view yours. 

In terms of the Community Center, as I am sure you are aware this has just been launched and we are currently in phase 1. There are many improvements we are working on off the back of receiving feedback from hosts and I hope to be able to update everyone soon. As @Dave-and-Deb0's mentioned please do leave your feedback in the thread and this will be discussed with the team. One of the pieces of feedback is about updating the time stated on each post, and personally I think this will be a really useful update, I understand from your post that the time display is a concern of yours, so to reasure you this is on our radar. 

Also, just to highlight I have removed your address and surname from two of your posts above. This is for your own safety, I don't recommend you post any of your personal details within the CC, this board is publically visible. I hope you understand my reasoning.

Lastly, it is good to see you exploring the new Community Center and I hope you will enjoy joining in with discussions. I would like add, that personal remarks towards individuals including where they are from is not acceptable here in this community, so please keep this in mind. Do have a look at the Community Center Guidelines if you want more information on this. 

I hope the above is helpful and please do let us know if you have any more questions. Thank you. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

I replied to the email but it was returned - now I see you are a native English speaker - good to see! My mail to you has been copied and it begins thus:

Thanks Lizzie,

You mail was the most intelligent,  clear and straightforward of all the 
attempts to "reach out"  that is to say "reply". Others seem to just 
want points for answering - useless to me.

Of course the link was ONE solution - but as I responded- a link - is 
that serious?

I am expected to place a link on my desktop for the event that I want to 
view the reviews?

You have to be joking!

Why not make a real website? One with everything accessible and not 
hidden and suppressed - I have no paranoia - if the NSA have my details 
then what group of people could have more evil intentions than those 
guys with my and anyone elses?

Basically there was nothing better than the "link" suggested and so 
please continue with your forum but I don't wish to waste time 
communicating with people who just don't have ANYTHING to do with 
themselves other than play with numbers.

I wish you the best of results but in my opinion the airbnb website is 
perhaps the WORST site that is imaginable due to an enormous amount of 
mistakes, a tiny number of which I mentioned - if the forum can find out 
why airbnb have NO SERVICE then it would be good to see what they 
suggest to change that. My address can remain open since I have NOTHING 
to fear, as they say "because I am guilty of nothing" 

clive stewart
 (email suppressed because we are supposed to be living in FEAR!)
P.S. LIZZIE - your second name is not to be seen!
P.P.S. So where is the thread? Why can we not view all the messages so that
it gives at least the impression that communication is happening?
P.P.P.S. Someone from CA - Canada who says she is not from Canada - sad to see.

@Clive1@Lizzie

I find this thread 3 weaks later, but as it is somehow still unfinished, I comment on it. 

Clive, there were several misunderstandings, that I believe to understand: 

You cannot answer by mail to forum posts. I know, that's quite an easy function and in my job, I implemented it on a forum approximately in 2006. Unfortunately, it's not active here. Most people do not understand the option anyway, so I understand that airbnb did not activate it. Besides, to create a community, it would be better if people come back to answer and read something else and comment on that too. 

But you are right, the text of the email notification is misleading. 

You do not get all answers to a thread, if you do not click the case to get them. Only if someone hails you with the @ sign, then you are notified. There is also an option in the profile to get all posts of every thread you posted to. 

Lizzie has the power to remove parts of a post. The option should be applied to insults of others or airbnb - I suppose she gave up on you as nobody understands you anyway :-))

(But for a not native English speaker like me, of course)

@Clare0 does not pretend to be from Canada, airbnb's list of country abbreviations has some strange choices. There are country codes you cannot fathom out but by clicking on a profile, then on the listing and then zoom out on the map of that listing to see the country appear - another point to improve. 

You will see more hosts with US in their profile but living elsewhere as that's the default. 

And yes, it's a strange idea that some have US and Californians have CA, like not being in the US.

You can see your reviews from your computer account without creating a link: On top of the page, left of your picture, click on Host, scroll down to reviews, you can see those you got, those you wrote and those that can still be altered or answered with a public statement. 

To leave a review, you have to wait for the mail notification, which may be within 2 hours or a day after checkout. 

As it's a global business and a global community, you can't expect everyone to answer in perfect English. Airbnb is a startup, a very succesfull one, but still a very young company with a mostly young team. So they don't use Yankey slang in my opinion, they use new management slang. Your fellow hosts come from all countries and backgrounds - you must be the first who saw an uniformity in the answers. But maybe it was a day, where everything was equally annoying?

Marta0
Level 3
Barcelona, Spain

This should take you to the reviews page https://www.airbnb.com/users/reviews

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain airbnb.com by aspmx.l.google.com. [2a00:1450:400c:c07::1b].

The error that the other server returned was:
550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try
550-5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or
550-5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at
550 5.1.1  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6596 vt3si3023768wjc.145 - gsmtp

Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied.

Posted
16m ago

yes, that is what airbnb contribute to COMMUNICATION. What 16m means is clear to the whole world.

But now:

2016 01 13 17:38:45

I am writing back to tell the airbnb people to get organised. Use "time" like any educated site in China, in Pakistan in Uganda or in any other real country.

Don't use 08:40 AM since this means NOTHING to those of us who were born in the 20th century and who are now living in the 21st century and who agree to use the rules of English to communicate.

It is INSULTING to us to have to deal with this primative nonsense but I am the rare soul who takes the time to inform you in the lost backwoods of the wild wolley west.

Time?

2016 01 13 17:43:01

Now what could be clearer and more simple that stating the time - (for good goddies sake!)?