I WANT TO PREVENT A NEGATIVE REVIEW

Rose54
Level 1
Findhorn, United Kingdom

I WANT TO PREVENT A NEGATIVE REVIEW

Brexit discussion got heated. I may get a negative review based on their anger on this political issue.

If I dont review the guests will their review on my place still appear ?

what can I do ?

4 Replies 4

Yes their review will post even if you don't write one. Just write an honest factual review and maybe add a simple line expressing how interesting it was to hear another point of view on some current issues. If their review is negative you will have an opportunity to publicly respond. Always be calm and professional. Future guests will admire you for it.   Live and learn and donor sweat the small stuff. Best wishes! Elaine 

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

@Rose54 You can't prevent a negative review, but you can be gracious about how you accept it. Something like "Thanks for the interesting conversation. I know it got a little heated, but I appreciate your passion, and wish you the best in your travels." You can come up with something based on the specific situation, but best bet is to be short, simple, sincere, and gracious.

@Rose54 Perhaps you could pre-empt a bad review, by sending a private message in the usual Airbnb message system, thanking them for staying with you, leaving the place clean....etc, and then add the excellent sentence that @Ed-and-Hugh0 suggested.  It might clear the air a little, and then your guest might just focus on how great your place and hospitality was.  Good luck!

Rose54
Level 1
Findhorn, United Kingdom

Thanks evrybody for helpful suggestions. i will certainly use the ideas.

It was a long stay so I had time to give them extra special breakfasts with love. It ended well