I am listed but can't find my property on the website and I haven't had many bookings - any tips?

Sarah1258
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I am listed but can't find my property on the website and I haven't had many bookings - any tips?

I have been on Airbnb for the last five months.  I believe I have an attractive property in a central location but haven't had many bookings.  Any comments on the entry would be appreciated - it is 3 Gainsborough House, Cheltenham Spa, England.

I have also just looked to find the listing on the webiste and cannot find it, although I seem to have had views according to the statistics.  Any ideas?

Thank you.

Sarah

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Sarah1258 ,

Your listing can be found: https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=54620563

If earching for "Cheltenham" it appears not in the initial  "top 300" , but when zooming in on the map it shows up.

best regards, Emiel

Sarah1258
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Emiel

Thank you for this.  I had no idea that there was a top 300!

@Sarah1258, when I move the map and zoom in to your specific area, I found your listing was #276 of 300+.

I would imagine that if a guest were searching in a wider area, your listing would not be in the top 300 at all, and would not be shown.

To increase your bookings, then, it would be worthwhile to improve your search ranking. There are a lot of discussions on how to do this; you can search these discussion boards for "search ranking" and find a lot.

One quick way to get a big boost is to turn on Instant Book (if your situation allows).

Sarah1258
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Thank you so much for this.  The trouble is that I am using other booking sites and if I go for Instant Book I can imagine getting in a bit of a muddle as a booking on Airbnb doesn't automatically go on to the other calendars.