I am new to Airbnb - How do I make my listing attractive to Guests

Danny90
Level 1
Alpharetta, GA

I am new to Airbnb - How do I make my listing attractive to Guests

Hello Airbnb Community,

I registered to host on airbnb, however, it has been a while since I set up my account, but I have received only two requests, which never showed up. The first one I did not see the request early enough to approve, but the second request I did approve, but the guest did not show up. My question to the community is, how do I make my listing attractive to guests?

I have a four bedroom, single family, home in an upscale location in the suburbs in Atlanta, where I live with my family of three, my wife, myself and our eight year old son. One room is occupied by a former colleague for renting and the last one room is reserved for Airbnb guests. 

3 Replies 3
Vanessa-and-Kurt0
Level 10
Farmington, CT

@Danny90,

Welcome to hosting!

Here are my observations:

1st search Alpharetta as if you were a guest. The average price is $54 most with a private bathroom.

The room with the mattress on the floor and unkempt bedding looks unwelcoming

You need more photos of the room

Guests need a chair and small table

A little decorating would be nice as well to warm it up

Shared bathrooms are not appealing. Can you give them exclusive use of the bathroom while they are there?

You need photos of the bathroom and to tell them how far away it is (right next door, down the hall...)

You have no a/c?

o.k. good luck. Hope that helped.

Hi Vanessa, 

Thank you for your honest observation and response. I understand I have to rearrange things in the room to make it more appealing. I'll be working on it asap and will put up new pictures. 

There is A/C in the entire house. It's a centralized A/C.

Thank you for offering this all important ideas as well. Will follow through with that.

Danny.

I am sure once you get things rearranged and work on your pricing you will do just fine. Take time to really look at listings for what would be your competition (photos, wording, reviews...). I check my competition about 2x/month and update my wording and photos as needed.