I am trying to sync calendars with Trip Advisor,

Tim31
Level 1
Waterford, Ireland

I am trying to sync calendars with Trip Advisor,

Going on the TripAdvisor site and syncing the AirBnB calendar was simple, then I copied the TA address and tried to use the AirBnB import and it just fails, over and over again, do AirBnB recognise Trip Advisor or is there a beef?

14 Replies 14

I am having exactly the same issue. It works the other way but no dice trying to import synch Trip Advisor.

Have you cracked it yet?

I'm having this problem too. Come on AirBnB, get it sorted.

Trip advisor will import. Unless you want to pay a channel partner to manage it all for you. Your best bet may be To host and manage your own calendar and then have trip advisor import it. You can probably import airBNB and then just need to manually maintain the trip advisor bookings.

There is a guide In the community help that will at least get you set up exporting your Airbnb calendar to a google calendar which you can the import into trip advisor.

I have not checked it out yet but Simone posted a free solution http://www.sync.rentals/?lang=en on a different thread it might work for you.

Andrew
Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ
Julie1143
Level 2
Puncheston, United Kingdom

Hi,Im answering this even tho itsan old post as it was what came up when I googled the problem.

If you go into trip advisor calender and find 'export calender' it gives you the correct url to use, copy it.

Back to airbnb and the 'import calender' paste it, (ctrl v) and Bobs your uncle it accepts it- got to wait now and see how reliable it is......

Hope that helps.

Success thank you so much I've being trying for hours using ctrl v works!! 

Adrian33
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I do not think this is Airbnb who are causing the calendar problem but TripAdvisor who do not wish to export the calendars from their site. They seem to be happy to take information but not wish to reciprocate.

Hope this helps in answer your question.

Pam23
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

I am also having this problem, does anyone have an answer yet?

Jillie1
Level 10
Harrogate, United Kingdom

I'm having the same problem and it's now August.  Can export to TA but not import TA's calendar.

This worked for me, thank you!

I cant get AirBnB to open the Sync option. It is linked with TA and always worked and suddenly all the links where faulty, now nothing works anymore. How can we contact AirBnB directly? I am tired of this now, its been months and still no resolution!

Anyone having AirBnB to TripAdvisor issues syncing calendars should read the following!

https://rentalsupport.tripadvisor.com/articles/FAQ/noc-How-does-calendar-sync-work

"Give this another read to further clarify what most are facing"

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/30834/add-an-ical-or-.ics-calendar-to-google-calendar/

Why can’t I sync my calendar?

If you’re receiving an error message while synchronizing your calendar, please follow our troubleshooting steps:

1. Ensure that you’re using the correct URL that returns a file in iCal format. This is a special URL you can obtain from the provider you’d like to connect with.
  2. Contact your external provider to review the provided URL to ensure that this was generated correctly.
  3. Ensure that you’re using the correct URL for the correct property. Note: you are unable to use the same link twice.
  4. If you continue to experiencing issues connecting your calendars, please contact our customer support team.
Glenda24
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I am having problems syncing my trip advisor calandar and this has caused me to have a duplicate booking. I have had to cancel my TA guest at the cost of £100.00. I felt so bad about it I have offered them two nights free accommodation later in the year thankfully they accepted this for the distress and inconvenience this has caused.

Airbnb are not interested. I sent 5 messages and made 3 phone calls and none one can help.I have taken both properties off instant book and now I am being penalised as they say my listing will go to the bottom of their list. I have had to do this to prevent further duplicate bookings . They keep messaging me back explaining how to sync my calandar ‘s I can’t get through to them that the system won’t let me paste or manually add TA calandar.

Can someone please help?

Lisa620
Level 2
Houston, TX

I am having the same problem.  VRBO sync's great on my AIBNB but TRIPADVISOR DOES NOT SYNC.  Thankfully I have a request to book only on Tripadvisor so I can immediately block dates on AIRBNB--but still afraid if I do not get to it immediately then I could have a dup booking --ANY ANSWERS???