I can't change number of rooms from 1 to 2 which I rent on one listing. How can I change that?

Fiona5
Level 2
Crieff, United Kingdom

I can't change number of rooms from 1 to 2 which I rent on one listing. How can I change that?

I rent 2 rooms together (for up to 4 people travelling together) however Airbnb have me on 'Basics' as 2 beds but 1 room which makes it look like I have 2 beds in the same room! I have stated in the description that it's 2 separate rooms but initially when guests view the listing they may be confused. The box for room number will not let me change to '2', anyone know how I can change that?

3 Replies 3
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Fiona5,

Is your listing details for beds showing the same as mine below?  You should have 2 bedrooms and 2 beds chosen.

Bedrooms.png

If you are unable to change this, I would try using a different browser and if that does not work, give Airbnb a call as it is probably a technical issue.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-How-To-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Fiona5   I had exactly the same problem. The number of rooms can only be changed when renting out the entire home. I called airbnb who adviced me. If you have several  private rooms within your home that you live in, you need to create different listings for each room. I have three listings : room 1,  room 2 and a third listing to rent out both .

I've just found that out Raymond & Elaine. I have 2 listings, one for the main king size room and another for the 2 rooms together ( the king size with the double for up to 4 people). When one listing is booked I block the calendar for the other, it's worked well that way.  Stating on 'Basics' that it's just one room but 2 beds doesn't seemed to have deterred guests but I'd just like to change it, however realise I can't as both rooms are within the same house ( which would mean 3 listings which wouldn't work)  Anyway now I know why, I'll just plod on and hope interested guests continue to read the detailed descriptions.

Thanks for your comment.