I can't switch to hosting on my android phone, any ideas?

Susan74
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

I can't switch to hosting on my android phone, any ideas?

I've successfully used the app on my phone, but since switching to travelling I can't find a way to switch back to hosting!  I was going to ditch it off my phone and start again, but cannot see a way to download it again on the site.  As I'm not brilliant with technology, any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

36 Replies 36
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

At the top right is an icon (circle with a person's profile in it). Click on that. At the bottom of the menu that comes up is a link to switch between hosting and traveling.

The icon picture of a person only refers to my profile but doesn't let me switch too hosting. Uggh

Thanks! My profile was on the left I scrolled down and there was the option to switch to hosting. Thanks for your advice

Penelope9
Level 2
Avalon Beach, Australia

I'm having the same problem on iPhone app and there is NO top right icon. Looking 15 min how to switch back to hosting there's no possible way!

Not thrilled with the app at all

just click the profile at the bottom of the pageafter you update the app. There is a switch to hosting

If you read this thread you will discover that this is not working for many of us.  The switch to hosting does not appear after clicking on the profile.  Even after recently updating.

Yes it was giving me travel options. My profile pic was on the left and after scrolling down I finally found the switch to hosting. I think the developers need to make it easier for hosts to switch!

Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Airbnb computer programmers have been doing some new updates and i think its just a glitch.  You may need to delete your current app and reinstall the airbnb app again.  I was having problems yesterday, and that what I did and now working as usual.

Its now 06/26/2018 and I am having the same problem.  I talked with AirBNB, and the agent didn't have a clue, nor did he have the ability to refer me to someone who has a clue.  

hi bruche 

i am kim a host from nepal. had same problems as you do. i just follows the tips and its works to me i hope you already fixed problem to  witch in to host from travelling. if not please follow this tips:

open air bnb- goto profile- and look the list there is a bottom says "switch to host" click there you are on host page now.

chers

Rob-and-Sara0
Level 1
Portland, OR

It's SUPER frustrating!!!  Replacement phone, and I  reinstalled the app.  It recognizes the user, but there is no switch to hosting buttton!

I can't switch to hosting on my iPad.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, no luck.  Any suggestions?

Julie202
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I had this problem and tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app on my Ipad. Then I noticed it was asking for a couple of things, Government ID and business email address in my profile. After doing this the button (and others) reappeared under Profile. I hope this helps.

I just reinstalled, and the Switch to Hosting choice still does not appear on my Profile.  There is nothing in the upper right corner which one person mentioned.  The profile button is on the bottom right, but doesn't include that choice.  It makes it impossible to use when I get an inquiry when I'm not home and slows my response time.  It's been going on for months, but today I spent a good amount of time looking it over, checking the help center, trying to understand.  Please help.