I canceled a guests reservation (6 months in the future) to change pricing, but now Air Bnb blocked

Shiran0
Level 1
Miami, FL

I canceled a guests reservation (6 months in the future) to change pricing, but now Air Bnb blocked

I canceled a guests reservation for january because I had not updated the pricing on those months yet. I wanted to immediately change the price and have it available again, but Air BnB blocked those dates off "so I dont have to cancel again on someone" how do I make these dates available? 

3 Replies 3
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

Yes unfortunately that is what happens and AirBnB penalises a host for cancelling a booking, even that far ahead. I don't think it's possible to make those dates available again.

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

So you accepted a reservation, then decided you'd rather cancel so you could make more money?

That's not cool - you made an agreement that you're backing out on, so they've blocked the dates & you won't be eligible for SuperHost status for 1 year. If you cancel for no good reason a couple more times they'll start charging you for it. They really penalize that kind of behavior because it gives Airbnb a bad reputation. (I'm glad they do - I want my guests to know I'll do everything I can to follow through when they've made a reservation with me)

You could try booking through another site for that time period.

In the future, be sure to keep your calendar updated - don't open it any further out than you know you can host - and don't go back on your agreements.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

I know some hosts don't mind losing superhost status, having their listing moved down in the ranking, and having their calendar blocked, but I would have just taken the lower price, and treated it as a learning experience. Better to have a few days of lower income than a long term penalty.