I'd like to be able to search an airbnb by the host name and function

Jim1464
Level 2
Bristol, RI

I'd like to be able to search an airbnb by the host name and function

I am trying to find a specific host to communicate with and even after scrolling through the location, I still can’t find it. I’ll try the google thing but there should be a way to just look up hosts.  Also have people asking about my place and the only way I can reference it for them is with the listing number - which I can never remember and don’t always have on me...

1 Reply 1

@Jim1464  Airbnb doesn't have a keyword search function, and to the best of my knowledge they have no plans to develop that feature. The "look up hosts" thing wouldn't work very well either, since only the first name is presented publicly. Google is your best bet - just use all the details that you know and see what you get. If the host doesn't have a currently active listing, though, you're out of luck.

Fortunately, the second problem is a much easier one. If you find that people are asking you about your listing in person, when you're unable to send them a URL, why not make some business cards with a link to your listing? Alternatively, you can always tell people the title of your listing so that it's the first thing that comes up in a quick google search. One good reason to consider having a more catchy and memorable title!