I'd love to see a box for "Electric Vehicle Charger" under Filters in the Amenities

Answered!
Kelly9
Level 10
Bellingham, WA

I'd love to see a box for "Electric Vehicle Charger" under Filters in the Amenities

We are seeing more electric vehicles in our area all the time, and I'd sure like to be able to promote the fact that we offer an EV charger for guest use.  Would this option appeal to other hosts or guests?

1 Best Answer
Nick1794
Level 2
Montgomery, NJ

I've been after Airbnb to add this to the search for 3 years.....And now it's an option!

View Best Answer in original post

89 Replies 89
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kelly9 Hi Kel.....All you have to do is state it in 'The Space' section of your listing and people will read it and take note of it. Just as a 'throw away' line I mentioned right at the bottom of my description that I have a couple of bikes that guest are free to use, and boy oh boy, nearly every guest wants to take me up on that offer!!! 

Just add it to your description and that will do the trick.....Cheers.....Rob

Good idea!  I have an electric car myself and I never even thought that I should add this into my listing.  I'm going to update 🙂

Here with you can filter listings with EV charger https://airbnbase.com/ev-charger/

Bill11
Level 4
French Polynesia

Me too. We have a Tesla and I found an AirBnB that has a charger via the Tesla Destination charging site... For me, traveling, it would make life much easier if I could filter by "EV Car Charger." as that is one of my major criteria for picking a place to go. And, I would think others coming to VT would like to find my house, with an EV Charger, the same way.

I'd like that too.  I have an EVC charger at two of my listings as I have an electric car. Not the Tesla unfortunately 🙂

I agree!

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Be sure to let Airbnb know that you would like keyword search turned back on. This will help guests find a good fit if they need a specific feature or ammenity such as this.

Sorry to be so lame. How do I tell AirBnB that I want the Keyword search turned back on? I started this trying to find a way to have them add EV Charger to their list of amenities... Thanks

let's keep this topic ALIVE and front and center at the upcoming AirBnb OPEN conference.

BRING BACK KEYWORD SEARCH!

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hey @Kelly9 just to follow up, I went to the Airbnb/Tesla page, and filled out a request for a Tesla charger, and I just got approved!

Here's an excerpt from an email I just received:

Your listing has been approved! Based on your home’s ratings and time on Airbnb, we would like to offer your home a complimentary Tesla Charger.

Yeah!  Now I have to trade in my electric Smart Car for the Big Boy 🙂

April 1, you can pre order your Model 3 online. They are suggesting the price tag will be $35,000 befor incentives... We just drove our Tesla 1200 miles to Charleston where we will be staying at an AirBnB with a destination charger... That is why I chose the place...

@Bill11 As soon as my reserved Model 3 arrives (whatever year that is...ha ha) I will come on up and pay you guys a visit in VT!

I'm going to bet in the next year Airbnb will have a checkbox for EV charging.  It's a no-brainer as this will help them differntiate further from their competition.  

When you have your Tesla, you will be able to see my house as a destination charger... Through a joint effort Tesla/AirBnB is offering charging stations to AirBnB owners (that meet certain criteria). We will be installing our charger when it arrives in May. Then it will show up on the Tesla Motors web site and on the touch screen Google Maps (routing system) in the Tesla cars. 

Hopefully AirBnB will catch up with Tesla. 

We visited the Tesla Factory in Fremont and it is clear that they are gearing up for the Model 3. An impressive place that obviously has capacity for many more cars than they are making right now... I am sure that design will be the sticking point... production is ready! And, the design is worth waiting for. Our Model S is stunning. I'm not a fan of the SUV feel... yet the Model X is also beautifully engineered. The model 3 will benifit from all that they have learned so far.

I have an order in for a Model 3 also. My wife thinks I'm crazy as we live on a boat most of the time! I have a friend who is renting my Model S from me while we are out of the US. I guess I will have to rent my Model 3 also!! 

Come visit. Vermont is greening up right now, with some great flowers...

Thanks for the info Bill!   The S is the most remarkable car I've ever driven.

I love VT.   Was in Warren and Burlington in January.   Love your place!   And the net-zero!  Really cool.

I'm new here (today is my one-week aniversary) and really dig it so far.  It's a good community.