I don't want to add extra fee for children

Tamuna3
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

I don't want to add extra fee for children

Hello,

I just decided to become a host. I put a daily price for my appartment for one person. Per every person I want to add some extra fee, but I want children to come for free, how can I change it in settings?

Thank you in advance.

6 Replies 6
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Tamuna3. The current airbnb policy is that infants stay for free. However, the total number of guests must be within your space capacity.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Marzena4 I believe it applies only to infant up to 2 and not for children 2-12?

@Farah1 Infants - it's obligatory to host them for free under current stipulations. Airbnb is vague on older ones, but we (hosts) can charge for them:

"Infants (children under 2 years old) aren't counted as guests when you're booking a reservation and don't incur any extra costs. Some hosts count children as guests, which can add an additional guest fee to the reservation."

The second sentence doesn't say whether airbnb approves of that or not. 😉 "Some" cannot be interpreted as "a majority," but from the discussions here a vast majority of hosts expect to charge for infants as well (me too, so for the time being I do not allow infants).

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I am assuming when you said children, you mean other than infants (2 years old or less). What I used to do ~in my description~ I say children are free ages X to X and no need to count them as paying guests in the 'number of guests'; otherwise it gets very confusing. Of course, this also opens up some interesting tricky scenarios like how many people (maximum) you are willing to allow, etc etc.  I have since dropped this 'allowance', for it did get too hard to follow; today, when the applicant tells me who they intent to bring, then I make exceptions by telling them - 'the 5 year old granddauther is free' and so on.

Hi, I wanted to offer 2 adults and 2 kids (between the age of 2-12). But there is only one option to add 2 adults but when they try to book, they can only add 2 adults and there is no option to add 2 children's while booking. Kindly suggest

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

all kids under 2 are free.