I don't want to have guests younger than 25 in my home

Judy49
Level 1
Scarborough, ME

I don't want to have guests younger than 25 in my home

I am finding the real young guests just don't think, do stupid things and don't respect my home. How can I have only 25 and older guests?

7 Replies 7
Dawn33
Level 10
San Marcos, TX

I know it is so easy to generalize or assume that age can determine maturity. It does not.

Two weekends ago, I hosted a great young couple under the age of 25. They were precious and incredibly respectful of my home and property.

This past weekend, I hosted a 26 year old guest and it was a nightmare.

Age is just a number. I know some 20 year olds who are more mature than some 50 year olds.

I would tighten up your screening not by age,but by positive reviews, emails before booking, gov ID, etc

You might miss out on some incredible human experiences.
Victoria57
Level 10
Strathpeffer, United Kingdom

@Judy49 there is no mechanism within AirBnB to only accept guests aged 25 and over. You can put it in your description but you'll need to communicate with each guest and find out if their age as min my experience many guests don't read (or wilfully ignore) the description. Personally I agree with @Dawn33, we've had some lovely guests who are under 25 and I would view a policy excluding them as rather discriminatory.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Hi @Judy49, by looking at the faces of your previous guests they all seem pretty young. Will you still have bookings with a limit? I find age is not an issue, unless maybe it is guests so young that they have different ideas to me of what doing the dishes mean for instance.

I find any issues with guests will be related to excessive alcohol, in any age.

There are laws which may apply to your area, Airbnb has a policy on age discrimination along with other types of discrimination. Just search ''Airbnb age discrimination'' and it will show.

Judy49
Level 1
Scarborough, ME

That's the problem I don't want to discriminate. But the last two were not a good experience. Not something I usually every have but I think some young college kids should do couch surfing vs Airbnb.

Let's move on and look at this as a maturity issue and not an age issue.

I am TOTALLY with you!

Do you have your account set at "Instant Book" or are you screening them

when they request to stay?

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

And @Dawn33, a totally unrelated thing but may I congratulate you on your choice of profile pic? It is so radiant, so smily-happy that I want to go and stay even if it is totally impractical as I am in Australia. It's a winner.

Awwww. That is so kind of you to say, @Sandra0. Thank you!

Smiles don't cost us a thing to give and they have a huge return.