I feel not-picky

I feel not-picky

When I cleaned the house after our guests left, I found a couple of things that bothered me and I'm not sure what to do with their review.

The biggest upset was that they used white towels to wipe up something red (looks like Kool-Aid or ilk). Two people, 5 white towels, 4 with this red stuff on them. Then they semi-folded them and stick them back in the linen closet. I washed them and the red has mostly come out but what frustrates me most is this choice: "I've got red all over my hands; I'll use the brand-new white towels to clean it up, not the dark green ones." They had choices. They went for the lightest in color. Their choice, of course, I've got them out there to use, but I'm just thinking "idot!" (Sorry... Frustrating.)

Second, our pre-reserve convo addressed how many people - two; no they were not bringing their child." Yet, they did some laundry. Left it in the dryer. Along with their child's sock. Now, who brings laundry from home to wash? So this tells me they probably brought their child. (Auto check-in, whole home). Of course I can't prove that.

I'm not sure what to say in the review. The house was tidy and no problems for their 2-day stay except for this. But I wouldn't rent to them again as a result of what I feel is inconsiderate actions.

Am I being silly? What would you say in review?
6 Replies 6

Could you raise these issues directly with the guests before leaving a negative review?

I thought about that but they'd probably just say "Sorry," was my thought. I do kinda want to alert future hosts that they may be a bit careless.

Lesson to be learned in the future,
Just charge from the safety deposit for any damages incurred, and if they've otherwise left things in order then they deserve a good review

You could add a line at the end of the 'good review' from the previous comment, and just say - 'I was disappointed that they used my new white towels to mop up something red, thus ruining the towels.'

I think I like this solution the best! Thanks!!

I did learn from this occurrence the timing of being able to make a security deposit claim - so that's a good thing! 🙂 But, I do want to alert future hosts that they may be a bit careless. I would want to know that, as a host.