I had to cancel a reservation request

Patricia11
Level 2
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I had to cancel a reservation request

I had a reservation request for 4 days for the new year and I had to cancel because the minumim stay is 7 days as it already explain.

now my calendar is blocked for those days. how can it be unblocked?

thanks!

3 Replies 3
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Patricia,
Unfortunately, if you/host cancel dates you approve, the dates will remained blocked unless there were extenuating circumstances that required you to cancel, such extensive plumbing issues, inclement weather, life/death emergencies. Call Airbnb and see if they will forgive you on this once it's holiday season and your listing has minimum stay.

Good luck and happy hosting !
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Patricia11,

Your calendar is blocked because you cancelled on a guest which carries huge penalties.  I took a look at your two listings and one has a minimum stay of 2 nights and the other is set at 4 nights so I don't think Airbnb would/should remove the penalty.

Here is a list of "penalties" for cancelling

I would contact Airbnb and ask for forgiveness and maybe they will let it go this time.  Below is a link with instructions on how to contact Airbnb in your area.

How To Contact Airbnb In Your Area

Good Luck!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

@Patricia - I agree with Dave and Deb - after reviewing your listing your minimum stay is 2 days. If you want guests for a minimum of 7 days you have to change the settings in the calendar. Airbnb will not left any penalty if one is imposed and the dates canceled will be blocked. Sorry, but it's a lesson learned.