I had to waste a decline on a meth induced introduction :(

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

I had to waste a decline on a meth induced introduction :(

I just  declined this request for this last minute booking.

Methamphetamines anyone?

"Happy Holidays to you!! Am being independent in a choice of ..last minute spontatanios selection of a 'different' experience for this year coming from the yelm rural area. Hoping when my partner/friend who's had much on his 'grown-up' plate as I have...will agree THIS is a great option. Started looking into Tacoma area after being shot down on the option of Ocean shores area..lol..He's at the gym right now, also had some errands to do. I will be very busy this am multi tasking myself and be quickly (trying my VERY best..anyway:) this early afternoon delivery of some gifts to folks in the (Website hidden by Airbnb) cell reception. Hope he agrees and it happens without any ..glitches(have had communication issues within THIS site in the..past) so with it being Christmas eve wasn't SURE you be available? [Name hidden] cell is Conact will be best until around 11:30ish (before heading out of range:) We can follow protocol in using website after confirming AVAILABILITY ..whatever works best ..without HASSLES today (had bad expewrince RECENTLY with getting locked out of a rental in westport due to the 'caretaker having a very bad attitude or..ads I had said..miscommunication?(more the bad attitude of a 'local' who has a reputation of ..her own in that 'quiet' growing.. beach small town, I've know well over the years):...!!! Just want to avoid ANY unnecessary STRESS..please and thanks~so~much:) FYI cell easy 'drops calls' here so prob be best to contact me and via the landline and maybe wait if possible until he returns, prob by around 11 am since he has to go to his house he's needing to check on his dog responsibility ..also has issues with reception Thanks so much...hope it works out (we both look forward to a BREAK)..and will appreciate having the opportunity to bringing my pal Benny who is a very good BRILLISANT 'rare mix breed in training (completely potty trained etc ..of course:) He is a young 'rescue canine' who I need to get used to leash training and be more 'socialized' in 'city life' (he is just as happy in the back seat of my SUV..his 'den' so~to~speak..lol!!) Enjoy your morning.day...and hope when he returns he will be on same page!! ~ [Name hidden] (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) Wifi landline [Name hidden] (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) c"

In my decline response, I thanked her for her interest, then told her her inquiry was inappropriate.

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons – in line with the Community Center Guidelines]

18 Replies 18
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Paul154. This was a request? A request that if you had accepted would have meant that their credit card would have been charged immediately? I suppose whatever credit card they are using is of "unknown provenance."

I really think my life is far too boring. I never get rambling messages likethis one. In fact, today's check in is returning for her third stay. Her family lives nearby and she will be spending her first Christmas with this daughter in many years. She is so very happy! [I only wish she wore less perfume.]

@Susan151   I could send you a deranged Inquiry so your life feels more exciting 🙂

@Sarah977. But I would know it was you and accept leaving my life devoid of meaning.  🙂

About her wearing less perfume.. Hahhaha 😆👏

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Paul154, that’s great 🙂 I’m happy that I put in my house rules ”no drugs on premises” 🙂 Merry Christmas and healthy guests! 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

Well.  That was interesting.

I'm not sure I would have said to the person that their message was 'inappropriate' I would have probably declind and said something a little more politic, such as that perhaps in the future, hosts don't need quite that much detail:) But, on second thought, it's good, because then the host knows to not rent to this strange person:)  Happy Holidays, definitely a bullet dodged there.

Pete28
Level 10
Seattle, WA

Glad I blocked Xmas on calendar - $70 / night or less. Airbnb saturation. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Paul154 I think "inappropriate" was a perfect response.

What a lovely Christmas Eve message for you 🙂

Someone should put together a book of insane guest messages. Would be such entertaining reading while on the bathroom throne.

This one takes the cake.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sarah977

There have been a few starters here on that book at times Sarah. Maybe whenever we see one we should copy it to a seperate folder, compile them all at the end of a year or so....it could be a cracker book!!

Just think @Paul154 if this had been a couple of decades ago computers would not have had enough memory to handle a conversation like that!  Not really being up on the drug scene, just as a matter of interest do 'meths' users have enough spare money to go out and randomly book Airbnb listings or are they just 'vagrants' in training?

Have a great Christmas @Sarah977, @Paul154@Mark116@Pete28@Yulianna0 and Susan (sorry, no tag),  just loved reading all your contributions this year.

Cheers.....Rob

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year to you and Ade, too, @Robin4.

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

whoops

A recent booking that didn't respond to any of my communication until the last minute and then cancelled had said, among other things, that she was a 'young' elder person.  She also said in her messages that she would not be able to receive Airbnb messages and that I should use text or a different email account  (which she provided).  When I politely requested (on the platform) that she make arrangements to get her Airbnb messages  and provide a profile picture and confirm her identity she of course didn't get those messages.  Or the ones explaining how to find the house.  Or the address.   Then when I called and texted her to ask her to look at and respond to her Airbnb messages she freaked out and cancelled.  She explained (in a similar manner) that she had deliberately given Airbnb an 'old' email that she didn't use because she didn't want 'them' to bother her by sending her any messages!  She also felt that a profile picture and government ID were way to much trouble so she went to a hotel instead.  Whew!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

hahaha @Paul154 😄 😄 omg... 

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Paul154 Mwhaha!