I haven't received payment.

Robert906
Level 4
Jelsa, Croatia

Even if I have received email from Airbnb "Payout of €xx was sent", payout for this reservation still stands in "Pending Payouts". 

Should I cancel all future reservation and start to work with boo...g..om?

Are there any costumer support email address which I can use to ask for a help?

The fact that it is not possible to find a customer support email address is very frustrating. I’m pretty disappointed and thinking about leaving Airbnb.

Kind regards
Robert

9 Replies 9
Matt682
Level 9
Hednesford, United Kingdom

@Robert906 Give it 5 working days, then it should appear in your bank, and the status will change. If it doesn’t, contact Airbnb.

Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

I currently have same situation. Received pay out confirmation on 26th. It's now 31st, and it's still "pending".

Now, we, unlike others, have always received payments from Airbnb on our account within 24 hours. I know, they say it will be a week, but it's never been more than 48 hrs to show up in the account, even on weekends. Ever. This is a first. 

I contacted cs, and received prompt, friendly attention as usual, but so far, no explanation or action. They said it's been sent as per the notification of 26th, and it normally takes up to 7 days, and will show up by 2 June. It read like a canned reply. I don't think they even looked. End of discussion. 

When it doesn't show up on 2nd of June, I'll have to open another ticket. They won't be able to use the 7 days excuse, so I'm probably going to have to endure the usual run around again, until someone explains it. But that still won't likely get the money into my account 🙄. That will probably be yet another fiasco. 

We'll see. 

Karol22
Level 10
SF, CA

Call customer support. I've experienced this before and sometimes some payments are held up for some reason or other. Most of the time when I call customer support for this it gets resolved immediately.

Good luck, 3 hours and holding on the same **bleep** loop call... which I am paying for

Sheila350
Level 4
Santa Monica, CA

The site has started slow-walking payments, taking a full week or longer for what used to happen overnight.  Customer support claimed "we use a third party software."  Seriously?  Who on earth, much less Airbnb, would choose payment software with less functionality than a bare-bones personal checking account?

They also claim to "release" the funds to hosts on the date they are required, but that is not true, as it does not take 7 business days (which is 9-10 calendar days) to direct deposit/ACH transfer funds anywhere.  It does not even take 1 business day.  We really should complain to the Consumer Affairs media and regulators...

Matt682
Level 9
Hednesford, United Kingdom

@Sheila350 They will use a third party payment processor to send payments. Almost every company in the world outsources payment processing to a number of large processors because of the complexity of requirements and the impact of getting it wrong.

There are many processors, and they vary based on process, integrations with systems, functionality, speed, and importantly cost; we use 7 different ones at work depending on the situation. It’s highly likely that Airbnb changed processors (like other hosts, I used to get paid within a day, and now it’s 5 days). As you point out, the new processor is inferior for hosts, but it’s obviously got some other benefit for Airbnb, otherwise they wouldn’t have chosen it (unconfirmed suspicion: cost).

Airbnb will release a payment to the processor at the date they claim, but then the processor holds it for x number of days whilst they send it to hosts. Technically Airbnb isn’t lying by saying that it’s “released”, but it would be more transparent if they simply told hosts the period of time it takes Airbnb to send payment to processor + Processor to action transfer.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not defending the change - I want my money ASAP. But even if Airbnb reduced their payment processing costs by 0.1%, it’s millions of dollars in their pocket. I can see why they would be motivated to implement a system that to us seems inferior.

well, it seems obvious that Airbnb is also in the business of holding money - they charge guests upon booking, but don't pay us, which means that they are getting some sort of benefit from holding lots of money.

which means adding a week onto paying hosts is all part of that piece of their business, and there is no way they are going to flounder around with some 9-day payment software when getting money early and holding it late is so important to them...

here is what they tell guests, by the way, that will back up my assertion that they are lying left and right about how and when they pay hosts:

"we hold the payment until 24 hours after check-in before giving it to the host...."

"giving it to the host" means actually giving it to the host.  which means the host receives it, does it not?

AIRBNB is currently holding hosts to ransom with payments, after years of no problems it is now a real issye for hots.  compounded by airbnb poor responce to questions asked.  They withhold payments and make you jump through hoops all the while providing them with more of your personal data to onsell leaving your open to identity theft.

Dorothea5
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

You are lucky that AIrbnb is  even trying to trace money. We have been trying probably 7 times already to query a ZAR10K payout for which there is an official payout id that never reached our bank account. Every time the Airbnb agent just states they will pass the case on to another agent who can better assist with the case. It is really frustrating and we have bookings coming in on the portal .. but without getting paid and Airbnb not even trying to resolve payment matters, we will soon have to ask the guests to cancel and book through booking.com instead as they seems to be more honorable portal with great support.