I hosted a guest who book for 6. I normally do not even consider if booking for third party. This particular guest say he is getting married and book for his parents and uncle au

Melissa1399
Level 2
Surrey, Canada

I hosted a guest who book for 6. I normally do not even consider if booking for third party. This particular guest say he is getting married and book for his parents and uncle au

Since the day they check in,they have more than 6 and my house is full of visitors. Worst is they access my garage and certain days they have more than 10 people sleeping in my house.  When they left, they left broken glasses in my garage, took my high quality bath towels and left me a torn towel, soil my towel ,window sill chip ,my piano been played and keys are sticky. 

When they left , I wanted to write a review, airbnb say I cannot write review as they / the guest had cancel his account. Why do airbnb cancel his account. ? Should let me write an honest review .....I was advised by airbnb community to request additional fee under resolution which I did. So I send a request but no reply from guest.  

It not so much about money, I think review is important for other to know. 

Disappointed and airbnb should allow me the write a review before have his account being cancel. 

5 Replies 5
Elaine701
Level 10
Balearic Islands, Spain

@Melissa1399 

Yet another dubious guest seeking freebies and entitlements by dubious means.

Unfortunately, there's very little you can do, other than chalk it up to experience, and start vetting potential guests extensively. 

Don't be afraid to scare them away. There's another one (hopefully better) wanting those dates. Just be patient. 

Prevention is the best cure. If it smells funny, it's always wise not to eat it. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sadly the time to act was when the guests checked in and broke your house rules or better yet not to have accepted a third party booking in the first place. @Melissa1399 

Little you can do now you let the guests stay sadly and they cancelled their account 

M199
Level 10
South Bruce Peninsula, Canada

@Melissa1399 

This may help.  I always print and save as a pdf, the reservation and to my laptop.  That way I have guest contact info and reservation information.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Melissa1399 said "When they left , I wanted to write a review, airbnb say I cannot write review as they / the guest had cancel his account. Why do airbnb cancel his account. ? Should let me write an honest review".

Of what benefit is it to anyone to write a review concerning an account that is being permanently closed, in all likelihood?

Did this guest have any other reviews? Of wasn't a one-time-use scam account?

Why not stop their abuse at your place to your things before the damage was done? 

Andrea-and-Glenn0
Level 10
Mill Bay, Canada

@Melissa1399  Very simply do not break AirBnb’s terms of service and accept any kind of third party booking.