I hosted an Indian wedding at my property!

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I hosted an Indian wedding at my property!

I had a pleasure of hosting an Indian wedding at my property. The couple was supposed to travel to India for the ceremony which was obviously not an option for them any more. There did the ceremonial fire in the front yard (they purchased insurance for those who are wondering). They really insisted we came- I did not want to intrude but so glad we went. They said guests were for good luck. It was amazing that they put this together in literally one day.

wedding.jpg

wedding1.jpg

10 Replies 10
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Inna22  How nice! I love it when these unexpected, sweet things happen. You deserved this, after all the difficult booking scenarios you've been having lately. 

If they are okay with it, it might be cool to frame those photos and put them up in the house, with a little blurb about them getting married there. Don't have to be mentioned by name. If I were a guest, I'd enjoy seeing something like that in a house I'd booked.

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Inna22 beautiful. A reminder that no matter what, life goes on. And good on them for making the best of it and getting on with it. 

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

That is such a sweet story, @Inna22!

Thank you so much for sharing 💘

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

@Inna22 

Fabulous !

How long did it go on for? Often they go on for  three or four days. 

Then, the hosting question... how many guests did they have? I’m imagining the booking enquiry.. Hi Inna, we love your place, would you consider a small celebration? We couldn’t find a venue for  120 guests so thought maybe you’d be ok with about 80? They wouldn’t be here all the time - just arriving at different times over 3 days

Indian weddings are fab!

@Ian-And-Anne-Marie0 yes, that's what I expected when he sent a short first inquiry 🙂 They only had 8 people and then three video/photo and the person officiating the wedding. He was upfront about the fire which turned out to be very small and well contained. I am sure my other guests do far worse/dangerous things without telling me

@Inna22 

They were lucky to find such an accommodating host. "We will have a small fire.... " 😂

This is where rules don't apply and hosts just get on doing what they do best. Well done!

Destiny36
Level 2
Mitchell, SD

Oh my goodness, this looks amazing. As both an airbnb host and a wedding photographer this would be such a great event to be apart of. I love it!

Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Inna22  What a lovely moment of respite in trying times. And to have been invited, wow! We recently hosted a couple who chose our place to tie the knot too, as their original plans were also foiled, as is the case for so many. Just a small group, a bit over our limit but I was happy to accommodate for that. It's pretty special to think two people will always associate our place with such a big event in their lives. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

This is an aspect of Air BNB I had not thought of.  But, of course, the best part of Air BNB is the personal contact and the never ending of human creativity.  

Your post makes me long for the time when human connection and creatiivty was foremost.

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Hope keeps us going, someday, someday it will be A.C.(after covid) &  there will be moments of piercing sweetness again for all of us. It was nice to here about Inna's charming experience. It would not have happened if her guests had been re-directed  to  some random hotel.Just saying.

Meanwhile,  at least masks are getting more stylish in the 510- I saw an adorable Day of the Dead inspired one while doing my senior shopping in advance of the "holiday week end". According to weather reports,  it is going to be clear with no fog around San Francisco bay on the 4th, unlike the last 30 years, wtf? Mother nature being gratuitous & Sally being petty.