I just asked my April and May guests to cancel and I...

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

I just asked my April and May guests to cancel and I...

... am blocking off the entire months of April and May. I've also paused my peerspace listing and cancelled a $580 upcoming booking there. 

I was upset that airbnb was cancelling my bookings a few weeks ago. Now, I'm glad they did.

This virus is serious. I do not want anyone bringing it to my home. No thank you. 

Be safe & stay healthy. 

13 Replies 13
Ann783
Level 10
New York, NY

.@Donald28 I am in New York. We are getting hammered. Stay safe. 

@Ann783  My heart goes out to you in NY. Yesterday I saw photos of people congregating, without even masks, shoulder to shoulder, to take photos of the ship that arrived with medical supplies. I was gobsmacked. Stay well.

Stay home. Find something to kill the boredom. After 2-3 weeks life will be back to normal.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Dimitar27 Donald has his own retro amusement arcade complete with vintage pinball machines! There's something to kill the boredom!

Katrina79
Level 10
Saskatchewan, Canada

@Ann783 Stay safe! I’m hoping to see some decreases soon for the numbers in New York. Know the world has hope for you and this will end, I think soon you can start to see a decrease. My thoughts are with you and all of New York! 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Good on you, @Donald28 . Stay safe, stay home.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Stay safe @Donald28. I'm coming up to my 4th week of self isolation and to be honest with you it still feels extremely weird. I can't even imagine what people in Italy and other countries are going through who have been in their homes for several months now (but it's the best place to be right now).

Take care everyone, I'm thinking of you all through all of this and if you are like me keep dreaming of the day that we are all allowed to go back to normal. I for one will be booking an Airbnb and eating ice-cream! : ) 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Donald28 

Here in S.Korea...... the entire country has been under some level of "strongly recommended" social distancing and the government has been asking people to stay at home and refrain from nonessential travel without having to issue any "orders"..... for the past 2 months. 

You are right to not want people/guests coming into your home. 

Stay safe~

@Jessica-and-Henry0 South Korea did so well to protect its citizens! If only the entire world had the resources to model their Covid-19 response after South Korea, there would be so many less infections. 
Take care.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I'm happy to report that Mexico finally clued in. The entire country is being strongly recommended to stay home, all non-essential businesses have to close or face fines, restaurants can only do take-out, all the beaches are closed (a HUGE thing to do over Semana Santa) with military and national guard patrolling for offenders, and the general public is starting to pay attention, although I've seen some shockingly clueless behavior in my area.  Two weeks ago, the president was still shaking hands and kissing babies, "man of the people" as he promotes himself. He finally woke up as to how to protect his people.

I'm in new york, stay home, be safe

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

NOW you understand about the toilet paper @Donald28 ! Stay safe! Helen : )

Tomi5
Level 4
Asheville, NC

@Donald28 ,

How did you word your message to guests to cancel? 

All of my guests for April have cancelled on their own EXCEPT for one!