I'm a Superhost that had a lady fall and is now suing. I have been court summoned and can not get a hold of airbnb.

Zachary123
Level 1
Bradenton, FL

I'm a Superhost that had a lady fall and is now suing. I have been court summoned and can not get a hold of airbnb.

Superhost phone number wont work, cant get in contact with their attorney. I thought they had our backs.... maybe not.

7 Replies 7
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Zachary123,

Try to submit an insurance intake form: https://www.airbnb.com/insurance/form.  Hopefully, that will trigger some action from Airbnb.  If you've already been issued a court summons when did the incident occur?

Zachary123
Level 1
Bradenton, FL

over a year ago and airbnb has been notified. I have talked to airbnb's adjuster in january but its pretty ridiculous that there is currently no airbnb support.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Suing??? What a NASTY, evil woman! If she fell, it's her own fault; she should have been more careful! - Just IGNORE it, not your problem!

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You know all the facts here, @Helen350?
Problems don't go away if you ignore them.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

You are right @Gordon0 !  - Just having a rant against the nasty litigious culture of modern life! 😞

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Zachary123 so sorry you are dealing with this. Are you insured? You need to get your insurance involved asap. There might be an issue with you not calling them when it happened. I had a fall at one of my properties and airbnb fully took it on. I spoke to them ones and then had to let an adjuster in to measure the space. They deemed it not my fault and everyone moved on. Do you have the adjustors information?

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

When I get up from the 'wrong' side of the bed AND without a first cup of coffee.  In this case my attitude would be -

Before coffee - you fall, your problem, learn to walk, what do you want from me?

After cup of coffee - what a bummer,  it pays to be an athlete.

(Hmmm..not much improvement, maybe another cup of coffee will make a difference)