I'm a sucker for a project

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

I'm a sucker for a project

Have just come out of 6 weeks of re-paving work and now I am into something else!

These lounge chairs have been a real hit with guests.....of course they don't belong in a garden, they are not outside chairs, they are lounge chairs, but I built an area around them, and almost every guest feels the need to go and sit in them and take a selfie about this dumb arsed host who puts inside chairs outside in a garden!! And they are sooooo comfortable.

IMG20181027191528 cc.jpg

IMG20171108171352 b.jpg

They were never going to stand the test of time, and they have been high maintenance, me having to cover them with plastic every night and any time it looks like rain. 

I always had in mind I would make a couple of concrete lounge chairs out of them, finish them in light grey paving paint and put some really bright scatter cushions on them!

Well today I made a start.......

IMG20200915181120.jpg

Tomorrow, the sides and the back of the first chair (ironically called a 'freedom chair') and I am excited about the finished product now. I am going to have  comfortable red velvet seat cushions and a mass of these bright scatter cushions that I can take in each night....

brightly-coloured-patterned-cushions-in-a-row-MFWCY2.jpg

I would be lost without a project, some of the ideas are a bit loopy but, as long as guests like them and keep coming....I will keep doing them!

Cheers.......Rob

18 Replies 18
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Nick @Kelly149 @Quincy  @Lizzie 

The concrete chair transformation is progressing......

IMG20200927170748.jpg

It's slow because I have to let each bit of concreting set properly before moving on.

I am getting a bit more confident it's going to work though! 

Just hope the only 'piles' I get are piles of good reviews!!!

Cheers.......Rob

@Robin4 looking great!

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Looking better and better @Robin4 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is great @Robin4! Looking forward to seeing the finished version 😃.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen