I'm charging in Canadian dollars, but my guest is being charge in pounds (they are booking from UK)

Minga0
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

I'm charging in Canadian dollars, but my guest is being charge in pounds (they are booking from UK)

10 Replies 10
Minga0
Level 2
Halifax, Canada

My Canadian listing is priced in Canadian dollars, but i have a guest trying to book from the UK and they are being charged in pounds.  How can i fix this so they can book?

@Minga0 That's simply the way that AirBnB works. Neither you nor the guest can change that. You'll receive your full, proper payment in your currency. The guest will pay in their local currency and will be charged appropriately for the exchange rate in effect at the time the charge is made. You can read all about this withing AirBnB's own Help system.

Thanks for your reply Dede. Yes of course we all pay in our own currency when we make any online transaction (-: I should have clarified that what has happened is that the fee is $100 Canadian and it appears when he goes to pay that air BnB is trying to charge him 100 pounds. Does anyone know how I can fix this for him so that he can go ahead and book? Thank you !

@Minga0 Report this to Airbnb right away. That's a pretty big glitch.

I charge in USD but a guest wants to pay in GBP. When she tries to book it seems airbnb will charge her an extra GBP119. How do I fix that ?

@Hlin0 @Minga0 @Dede0 @Ed-and-Hugh0

Sorry I missed the orignal thread in April but the guest can most definatly change the currency to match the listing currency at Payout and avoid conversion fees. 

While AirBNB appears to suggest you cannot " https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/95/can-i-pay-with-any-currency " you can change the billing country to match and assuming the credit card/payment method does not change any fees for foriegn currency they can avoid the fees but you need to do this BEFORE you search for the poperty see this Tip - http://www.milevalue.com/you-can-avoid-airbnbs-3-currency-conversion-fee-with-this-new-trick/

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

How does one report to airbnb ?

I have a similar problem as Minga. Where do I report this problem ?

Thank you, Hlin

@Hlin0 can you be more clear waht the problem is?

Please note that Airbnb charges a 3% conversion fees. This is on top of the guest fees of around 15% that AirBNB charges each guest. 

If you need to contact AirBNB try checking the community help guide for a great guide or even  searching "contact airbnb" in your favorite web browser.  

Andrew - see community help guides for many great FAQ

@Minga0 That does sound odd but lacking more complete information, I can still imagine situations where that matchup could occur. Can you tell us: number of days (dates), rate, cleaning fee actually charged, etc?  (If this is just a single day booking, as the mentioned $100 seems to imply, I don't see how the guest's charge could even be as LOW as 100 pounds, given your base rate and your cleaning fee AND the AirBnB service fee.)