I'm new to hosting and was just deactivated. I can't seem to get my listing reactivated. Help!!

Kim1091
Level 3
De Graff, OH

I'm new to hosting and was just deactivated. I can't seem to get my listing reactivated. Help!!

I am a new host and my account was recently deactivated for four expired offers. I have been trying to reactivate my account but have not had any luck. Every time I try I get an error message. I have deleted my cookies and retried but still no luck. Today I received a cancellation. I am afraid I will receive more if I do not get my account back on track. I have sent messages to the help desk but have not had a reply. Can anyone offer assistance?

Thank you in advance.

Kim

14 Replies 14
Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Kim1091 Have you tried calling?

I have been looking for a phone number but have not been able to locate one. Do you have the contact number, please? 

I just sent it to you

Thank you. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Kim1091  If Airbnb deactivated your account, there is nothing you can do on your end to reactivate it. You just have to keep being persistant in contacting Airbnb. Try Twitter, said to get the best and fastest responses.

But they won't just reactivate it because you ask them to. They are "punishing " you for letting 4 inquiries or booking requests expire before answering them.

May I ask how that happened? Because if you aren't going to be quickly responsive to guests, this deactivating or suspending will just happen again.

I pre-approved a couple people and the offer expired on both of those so that is two that counted against me (which I do not understand). The other two were my fault because I was new and did not understand the system. I responded past the date. 

@Kim1091  If you pre-approved Inquiries, and did that within 24 hours, that isn't anything you'd get penalized for- lots of guests send Inquiries which hosts pre-approve, and the guests never go on to book- they just let the Inquiry expire. So it would just be the ones you failed to respond to in time that would have led to this deactivation.

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Kim1091 You are being punished AirBNB-style. As @Inna22 suggests, give them a call. You might get someone who knows how long the banishment will last. Others have simply tried to reactivate each morning until it works.

Is this something they do often? I am new and just started hosting. I would think they would want to assist me in learning rather than punish me. This is frustrating. 

@Kim1091 . I have never been deactivated. I do not know how often this happens to hosts. It is frustrating indeed. The online host help pages are actually helpful if tedious to read. You will also find that your fellow hosts on this forum are happy to assist as you have specific questions and get your feet planted firmly.

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Kim1091, I just went onto your listing and it doesn't look deactivated to me. However, there are no dates available until 1st November - is this what you mean? Otherwise, it looks as though I could book if I wanted to. As others have said, Airbnb might be penalising you for letting preapprovals expire (you are definitely not penalised for people who don't book after you've preapproved them). It's really important to stay on top of this - have you got the app downloaded onto your phone? This is the only way I can ensure that I respond to all guest requests promptly as it comes through as a notification.

I do not have the app but will download it. 

Thank you.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

It's active.

First available date- 01.11

From 5-14.11-blocked.

All other dates can be booked.

Thank you. I am not sure why it gives me the pop up telling me I can't do certain things in my account or gives me an error. I appreciate your time and feedback.