I'm trying to read my current guests review but I can't see it

I'm trying to read my current guests review but I can't see it

I've clicked on their photo and on the icon, have tried on computer as well as phone- its says they have x1 review but it's not letting me read it?? Can anyone help? Thanks

17 Replies 17
Ricardo71
Level 7
Miami, FL

Reviews can be written for both hosts and guests for up to 14 days after check out.  Revews become visible only when both sides hacve completed a review so it can be that the guest stayed somewhere lately and while the host wrote a review it wont show until guest either reviews the mentioned hosts or 14 days go by.

Tina63
Level 3
La Herradura, Spain

Have you left a review? If not, then I suggest you familiarise yourself with the workings of Airbnb otherwise it's yet another glitch in the system...
Melanie58
Level 10
Boise, ID

It is likely your potential guest is new to airbnb and has recently stayed somewhere (less than 14 days ago).  That host left them a review, but the guest has not yet reviewed the host so the review is not visible yet.  If the guest writes a review for their host, then the review will become visible.

Queen-City0
Level 1
Cebu City, Philippines

So I had this guest who checked out a week ago and one of the reasons why he was upset was because of the fact that we did not have a pool and a gym. Well there is a gym and a swimming pool but both are closed for now because of the construction of the second tower of the condo. The management is trying to avoid accidents because falling construction debris can fall directly to the pool and gym. We were very transparent about this and it was written in the description he just did not read very well. This guest asked for a refund for the remaining nights but I gave him a refund for all the nights that he booked and that's not an issue for me, I just gave him the money and I wanted it to be the end of it. He wrote a review but I cannot read it unless I write him a review as well. I am new to this so I was thinking that maybe not writing a review back will not show his review on my property. I don't really think it is a positive review that's why. So will his review appear after 14 days even if I do not write him a review back?

I am curious as well 

You've probably already gotten this answer as it was so long ago, no idea why no one replied. 

Yes, after 14 days the reviews are posted even if one person didn't write one  

Yes, it will.  And that is my MAJOR complaint with the Airbnb system.  I've been doing this for 4 years and had over 700 people stay here.  But I have cut way back on the number of people that can stay here, largely because there is no reasonable negotiation process to cut out unfair reviews.  

Jeff-And-Mary0
Level 2
Oconomowoc, WI

I have and continue to have the same problem.

I have been a member long enough to know how reviews work, have worked and should work. However, AirBnB keeps changing the site and have to go on an scavenger hunt to find what ever I am looking for evertime they change.

So, "Where and how do I find previous reviews of guests requesting to stay now " ???? !!!!

That is another thing that I would like to know.  

I received an email letting me know that since both me and my guest have written reivews, they are posted to our Airbnb profiles. However; my guest didn't leave a review...or at least I can't see it. In the email, the "overview" of the review, simply has quotation marks. So I went to the app to review it and there isn't a review. My guests did respond to my review so obviously they could see mine. My guests are fairly new to Airbnb because they only had 2 prior reviews but I didn't think the review would be considered complete if nothing was written in it.  Also, when I look at my listing from the app, it shows 17 reviews but once you open it, there are only 16. 

This "ghost" review happened to me too! Only two quotation marks. I think the guest simply left a blank review. Good way to bypass having to wait 14 days but still have the guest pick up the good review that the host left for them? The ghost review is also not being added to my star-rated review count. Reviews by guests before them are posted, and reviews by guests after them are posted. Those are counted, and this one is not, as if it never existed. I have mixed feelings about this trick

I just had this done to me and I am pissed. Airbnb should set up an algorithm that makes it so this isn’t possible. 

I think what makes this evasive act more egregious is that a fellow host is who didn't leave a review/comment. What happened to the golden rule? An Airbnb fellow host went through the motions to trick the system into thinking that a review has been posted?  Airbnb got back to me about this 'ghost' review and said that the evasive non-review doesn't count for anything.  I just wish I would have been spared the time wasted on trying to uncover what wasn't there. If the non-review is disqualified, please [,Airbnb,]don't tell me to go looking for something when it's really not there to be found.

Marie-Lou6
Level 1
Kelowna, Canada

Click on your profile and then click on your picture profile. You should have all the review that people write for you. You can’t read a review from someone that you did not write a review for. And this goes both ways.