I'm wondering where the guidebook images come from?

Leanne99
Level 10
Adelaide, Australia

I'm wondering where the guidebook images come from?

I have tried finding an answer to this but can't seem to track it down. All the photo related queries seem to apply to the actual property listing.

Is it possible to add to or change the photos in guidebook entries? Some of my suggested sites don't have images or have strange ones that dont really make sense.

eg I added my lovely local park to my guidebook but the images coming up are of mechanical detail of fair-ground equipment that was set up there for an event once.

Other entries have no pictures at all.

Thanks

8 Replies 8
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Leanne99, I have the same question.  In addition, I haven't found a way to print it.  It's great there's a digital guidebook to share with guests, but my location (Maine) has spotty cell coverage so I'd like to leave a printed copy at the house.

Pilot-Lodging0
Level 2
Port Colborne, Canada

It's extremely frustrating to be forced to dump simple questions into this bottomless pit where they are never answered.  C'mon airbnb - it's a simple question - take 2 minutes and provide an answer!  Where do the photos come from?

Dawn319
Level 2
Diego Martin, Trinidad and Tobago

Editing the guidebook is probably my most frustrating experience on Airbnb. I seem to recall more control in an earlier version, but now all of that is gone. We should absolutely have control over how our guidebooks are presented. For example, the ability to add our own photos and not have random photos pulled from who knows where that actually do more damage than good. The photos coming up on some of my suggestions seem to be showing flaws of the place rather than selling high points. It would be great to have an update on this ASAP.

Hi Dawn, I hear you - been there and ended up developing an alternative guidebook for ourselves, which guests so far have found useful (since for the past year we had almost zero questions on house amenities and local recommendations). 

https://www.houseguideapp.com - hope that helps!

Andy445
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

My guidebook sems to have been ruined. I spent ages setting it up. Now all the photos have gone and its just a mess. Not impressed with Airbnb's 'improvements'. It was fine as it was. 

I just mentioned the photo problem in the feedback page.   It ludacris that a tech company has such a low tech guidebook.  I'm now embarrassed that I ever suggested it to guests.

Mike78
Level 3
Colorado Springs, CO

They apparently come from the Google page for the place.  I think they get a 'snapshot' ofthe photos, because the place I looked at the guidebook only had some of the photos from the Google maps page for it.

https://www.airbnb.com/things-to-do/places/1536227

https://www.google.com/maps/place/The+Ice+Cave+Cider+House/@39.0911924,-104.872609,15z/data=!4m12!1m...

Colleen457
Level 2
Yeppoon, Australia

Can't believe no solution to this query.