I missed buying/responding to email about Airbnb stock. Any chance hosts can still purchase?

I missed buying/responding to email about Airbnb stock. Any chance hosts can still purchase?

I just saw Brian Chesky on CNN. Looks like IPO is happening very soon. I forgot to respond the email about hosts being offered/ purchasing shares (I think it was only four days to respond to email.) Does anyone know if hosts could still get these? Any thoughts on this in general? 

Upset that I forgot to at least respond to email.

7 Replies 7
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Jennifer1351I didn't even get the email. Maybe it's for American hosts only.

Yes, it was only for US hosts. @Kath9

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

The stock buy-in program is closed now. Only a select few hosts got in on it.

Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

The opportunity was over the instant that the stock opened. They say not to chase IPO's after they've been offered. Remember how Facebook floundered for months after its IPO and people were angry at their full service brokers for recommending it.

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jennifer1351  The first email came 11/16/20 and included a link for pre-registration, which was as you note only a 4-day deadline - 11/20/20.  On 12/1/20 Airbnb sent an email noting that Morgan Stanley would be in touch that day.  The Morgan Stanley email came an hour later with a deadline of December 7th.  All the emails from Airbnb noted that host seniority would be a factor.

Thanks for the info, did you or anyone else end up getting some shares?  I feel stupid for not responding to the email. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jennifer1351  I did get some, luckily, and there are other hosts scattered around the forum who got them.