I need a experienced host to take over, how do you find someone?

Todd78
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

I need a experienced host to take over, how do you find someone?

Hi all, I have a house just outside Victoria BC, and my life is changed,  work is taking me elsewhere.  Here is the problem, the house works great as an Airbnb!  But, I need someone who "gets" airbnb hosting.  I need a great host!  Has anyone been able to find a host to take over indefinately?  It is really a great deal, walk to the ocean, free accomodation, and money coming in!  But, I just want it to work smoothly, I don't want to have to check on things and manage it, I just need a person with can understands what guests need and delivers it without drama or problems.  

11 Replies 11
Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

If i was there Id run it with you. Try a local college kid or a local host that can cohost the space. 

well if upi ever get up to the island, let me know!  I tried both of those, no luck yet!

Krystal16
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Todd78

What about searching out other listings in your area with great reviews, contact the host and ask if they are interested in taking on a cohosting job.  This way you see the other hosts reviews you see their listing and you also know they are close by.  

Cammy0
Level 9
Vancouver, Canada

Hi @Todd78,  please check your inbox- I may be of assistance.

Cheers,

Cammy 

Great Cammy, I will!

Gord7
Level 2
Sooke, Canada

Hi Todd78, We live in Sooke and may be able to help. Would need more info, thanks Gord 

Victoria1181
Level 2
Victoria, CA

If you still require assistance I am keen to help! Cheers from Vancouver Island! 

Hey @Todd78 - I assume you've found someone by now, but if not give me a shout! 

After the success of my own Airbnb in Victoria, I founded Host Happy, a vacation rental management. Our focus is on creating one-of-a-kind vacation rentals which highlight all of the amazing local artisans and products of Victoria, and on delivering superior customer service to yield higher returns.

We do everything - from helping people find property to purchase, to interior design, to professional cleaning after every guest, to adjusting your rates daily to maximize income, to managing all guest communication, handling guest check-in and check-outs, filing damage claims with AirBnB, etc. We charge 20% of the revenue from each reservation + $50 cleaning fee.

If you need a manager for your AirBnB (or you aren't happy with yours) you can check us out at ** or give us a shout at ** 🙂

logo.png

**[Advertisement removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

Hi @Robyn351 we would love to manage your property, we are a company called Opulent Life LLC based in Houston Texas that offers great hospitality services. Here’s our website for more information **[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise or share contact details on the Community Center. or please email us at **[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise or share contact details on the Community Center. or feel free to call us **[Contact details removed - Community Center Guidelines] - Please note that it is not allowed to advertise or share contact details on the Community Center.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hilarious @Opulent1 

if you are going to spam a forum and promote yourself as a professional - then at least tag the person who actually wanted co-host  services - rather than someone also promoting their co-hosting services .

And don't dig up posts from 2018 to try and pitch your 'service' when the host was looking for support in Canada when you are based in Houston . 

Mar125
Level 10
California, United States

well, depends on your definition for a  “good host”.

I do think i’m a good host since my listings are generally generating more income than long term rental and I have very good knowledge about real estate laws. I also force cancel party guests, unruly guests and it protects the property owner from city fine and other regulation risk . however, when i host for a small landlord, he thought i’m very unprofessional, since I never showed up in person to check his property. All i did is to hire a right team and manage it. i mean, really managing it without showing up.

so, if you are looking for some one to clean it and check property often, you can find some one really cheap, but it’s meaningless. you need some one who can screen the bad guests. again, in places like canada, california, the legal risks outweigh cleaning risk. you need to understand if you need a cleaner or a professional manager, coz they prevent different risks.