I need advice.

Christina1214
Level 2
Woodbridge, VA

I need advice.

I have a guest whose check in was anytime after 4pm.

They didn’t make it into their Airbnb until 12am 

they stayed two days and said they had a great time. 
but I just got a message from them saying if they can get a credit for the Friday they checked in at 12am. 
What is your opinion on that. I was their first stay, and how do I explain either that’s not my problem. They would need the day anyway even checking in that late. I don’t know how to word it and also should I just give like 25$ I think I shouldn’t. But I don’t know I keep going back and fourth. 

36 Replies 36

@Mary996my comment was not about Dale's grammar at all.

Yes appreciated Branka. Thanks for getting back to me @Branka-and-Silvia0 . I believe you were concerned that his suggestion was somehow off....?

@Mary996  yes, and it happens often.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 Scroll on by doesn't work for you?

Well I'm guessing you feel the need for input.... but was there another way to say something?

Oh look .... HERE'S UTE  .... she will have a humorous but kindly intervention here I'm sure!!!!

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Ute42  ... the floor is yours!! Our resident crack commedienne a la kind way xxxxxxxxxx

@Mary996

Sorry, but I don't do commissioned work. Also, You are asking me to work outside business hours and I am too old for that.

Mary, I know You have enjoyed some of my jokes but I must tell You that I only post about 50% of what comes to my mind. The other 50% are so bad and so evil that it wouldn't last long on here. Ask @Anonymous  when I reported about his phonecall with airbnb T&C. That only lasted until the mods started working in London.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Haha... quite so Ute... quite so!!  Your remuneration should most certainly be increased!

And well I'm sorry  to have missed out on the other 50%. Am sure they were wicked........ @Ute42 

@Mary996  I see just one bully here. And it is not @Anonymous 

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

** Why would you do this. Normally your answers are very measured and thoughtful. I am really not looking for any disagreement with your good self.

Defending others is not bullying.

**Personal remarks hidden

@Mary996  "Why not make an effort in the French section? "

For the same reason I wouldn't make an effort to rebuild someone's car engine. My effort would be of no value.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

But you might make the effort to rebuild your own car engine @Sarah977 

@Mary996 many new people come and participate here all the time. There are lots of newer posters who give really good advice. People come and go. If you feel people's responses are of no value to you because the responder has been here too long, don't take their advice, I guess. I'd rather take my advice from seasoned hosts whose responses are relevant and well thought out, and who are operating in good faith, regardless of how long they have been here. It's a community made up of individuals who want to contribute, not a board where someone gets to tell us we've outlived our usefulness.

There can be damage done when people get the wrong information or bad advice. It's not a game or a popularity contest: real people come here for help, often when they find themselves in difficult or distressing situations. Stuffing the ballot box or compulsively liking someone's posts regardless of whether they are correct or relevant because you like them as people doesn't help. 

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

** @Alexandra316 .

** It is not the first time . You should have read what was said previously but got deleted.

I won't stand by and see someone attacked like this and if ** This isn't an entertainment venue.

@Mary996   I have thus far honored your request that I not tag you in posts because you claimed to be (in your own words) "extremely traumatized" by my participation in the forum. As hyperbolic as that seemed at the time, I recognize that I can not possibly know what personal traumas you have suffered that strangers might inadvertently trigger.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

Thank you @Anonymous .

Yes I have revived and am now willing to take you on.