I need advice.

Christina1214
Level 2
Woodbridge, VA

I need advice.

I have a guest whose check in was anytime after 4pm.

They didn’t make it into their Airbnb until 12am 

they stayed two days and said they had a great time. 
but I just got a message from them saying if they can get a credit for the Friday they checked in at 12am. 
What is your opinion on that. I was their first stay, and how do I explain either that’s not my problem. They would need the day anyway even checking in that late. I don’t know how to word it and also should I just give like 25$ I think I shouldn’t. But I don’t know I keep going back and fourth. 

36 Replies 36

(Apologies to the OP, none of this digression can possibly be helpful to her question about refunds)

I have never called you "Jewish," and I have no idea whether you are Jewish, but if someone were to refer to a Jewish person as Jewish (or mistake a gentile for Jewish) I certainly don't think that would constitute a vicious attack. 

No idea what your agenda here is, but do we at least agree that there is nothing wrong with being Jewish? I don't care what your opinion of me is, but there is no place here for anti-semitism.

The only person who does everything you accuse others of... is you @Mary996 

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Branka you are describing yourself here. This is your second attack on this person and I just don't understand your objection to him. I am trying to reason with you before the mediators remove this dialogue and no-one has challenged you. 

I don't particularly want to have a go at you. I appreciate you except for this.

Also if someone was to attack you on here I would also defend you as I am defending Dale. 

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Christina1214 

In addition, the deal is off.

After the 14 days review period, you may consider red flag the guest profile, block the guest cause they disrespect the refund policy, renegotiate for reimbursement after the booking is confirmed. It's not ok! 

As you block someone, they won't be able to send you messages, send you a reservation request, or accept a reservation request from you.

How do I report a message or block someone on Airbnb? 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/2020/how-do-i-report-a-message-or-block-someone-on-airbnb

Hi Christina, 

I wouldn't give the guest a refund for the missing hours, indeed the guests even wasted your time. And it's not like you could make money during those hours they were already booked with you. I am actually charging additional fees for the check in outside of my check in/ out window. Also you can just say, you don not operate on hourly base.

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

I wouldn't refund but do appreciate that you are trying to be conscientious!! @Christina1214 . 

They enjoyed the benefit of a reservation (a safe space kept for them - even if they didn't use it).

Best wishes to you

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey everyone,

I'd like to thank those who have contributed to this thread and have taken the time to offer some friendly advice to the OP.

As this topic has gone off-track and there have been quite a lot of personal remarks made, I think it's time to close it for future replies.

I think we can agree that everyone would like to feel welcome in the Community, whether they are a new Host looking for tips or an experienced member who has been helping out others for years. 

There's a place for everyone in the CC. What there isn't a place for is personal remarks targeting members, so let's please keep the Community Guidelines in mind and try to be respectful even when in disagreement.

If you have any concerns, feel free to get in touch with me via DM. It will be great hearing from you.

Thanks,

Liv